Domane Classics replacement frame/ frame and fork weights

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nebby

by Nebby

Slack wrote:
Nebby wrote:Which crank combo did you go for with the power2max?

Rotor 3d as a friend of mine was selling them for a good price, he's upgraded to the new power2max. So I'm just waiting for that to arrive and I'll have his old cranks and powermeter.

Very nice, I'll probably pick up the Rotor 3D version myself with the bike. The bike looks really nice! The decreased head tube is really noticeable compared to the standard Domane.

VforVonnegut

by VforVonnegut

Fantastic looking bike! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slack

by Slack

FIJIGabe wrote:Looks sweet! I see you went with the Serrano saddle, as well. How does it feel?

I like it, it's a very similar shape to the Fizik Aliande, or the Specialized Chicane, albeit without the slight depression that is in the Chicane. Rounded back, long nose, if you want to get right over the bottom bracket for efforts.

benonabike

by benonabike

Looks Great! Good to see this bike shipping, mine should be here on mon.

Slack

by Slack

A couple of better pictures now we've FINALLY had some sunshine in the U.K!!

IMG_20140216_142713 by Slack_
IMG_20140216_142503 by Slack_

benonabike

by benonabike

What size is your bike? and when are we going to se the Aeolus 5's?
Sick bike! :thumbup:

LiKuid

by LiKuid

Nice bike and great color choice.
Given that you own both, is there any area where the Domane excels compared to the SL4? Is it more comfy on long rides? The SL4 is first on my list as my next bike but i am worried it may be too stiff on a 4 hour ride

Nebby

by Nebby

Looking very nice! I'm still waffling between the standard Domane and the Classics Edition myself :).

Slack

by Slack

LiKuid wrote:Nice bike and great color choice.
Given that you own both, is there any area where the Domane excels compared to the SL4? Is it more comfy on long rides? The SL4 is first on my list as my next bike but i am worried it may be too stiff on a 4 hour ride

I couldn't comment just yet on long ride comfort as the weather here has been awful for the last month and I've only been riding my winter bike. As I mentioned before I had the SL4 I had a Venge which after about 3-4 hours in a race would be quite harsh, you wouldn't get off the bike feel very fresh at all. When I got the SL4 the comfort is noticeably better, much more forgiving. A lot of that is probably down to it running a 27.2 post as the frame is supposed to be stiffer than the Venge frame anyway.

LiKuid

by LiKuid

I would expect the Venge to be harsher than the SL4, quite typical for aero bikes.
I am just wondering though, how much comfier -if any- the Domane is to the Sworks bike. Let us know when you can. Cheers for some great bikes there! :beerchug:

Slack

by Slack

Although I can't comment much on long ride comfort as of yet, I can say that should not be your only choice between these two bikes. The handling of these two is completely different. You can tell that just having a spin up and down the road. The wheelbase of the Domane is about 3.5cm longer, rake and trail on the fork are different, the chainstays on the Domane must be about 20mm longer too, but I am only judging that by tyre clearance.

Nebby

by Nebby

Just placed an order for one myself with similar specs; went for smoke blue + platinum outline logo. Gotta wait till May to get it though :(

cnbky

by cnbky

paint jobs on treks always amaze me...that metallic..

Slack

by Slack

So after fitting the powermeter and finalising setup the bike looks like this at the moment. When the frame was delivered there was a fault with the paint which Trek agreed to replace once I had chosen a new paint job as the smoke carbon was no longer offered as a colour on this bike. I went for another metallic as I really wanted something sparkly. The new frame will be delivered Monday so I can get some frame weights and weights of the uncut fork before I do the frame swap.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Are those Parigi-Roubaix 28mm tires? Looks great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com