Cipollini RB1K: a short lived affair....ISP CRACKED :( pp 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

congrats .. beautiful... i wonder why you decided XS frame? is it because top tube length ? I think you can fit on S or M even. I can't find proper answer on stack and reach of RB1k frame. Normal for me would be 380 isn - 530 ish. which is somewhat in between of Wilier's S and M, I fit on both my bikes. But this geometry of RB1k is similar to my Archon Ti in S.

I'm 174.5cm/5'8.5" 70kg btw. Inseam w/ out shoes is 78.5cm... my BB-Saddle top is 70-71cm, wondering what's yours.

by vlastrada

@ Clear: I prefer the feel, reactivity and stiffness of smaller frames; then go for a slightly longer stem (120-130mm, nothing crazy).
I am 176.5cm (5. 9.5), 84cm inseam, top of saddle to BB just over 73.1 cm (61.5-62.8 kg), but XS fits me well :mrgreen: .

That said, XS and S are pretty close in geometry, and I could easily ride either.

Given the large saddle to bar drop (HT 9.7cm for my XS) I am pretty stretched anyway, so a 1cm shorter TT vs. vs. the 53.5cm TT of the S works well. Currently I run a 0.5 cm spacer, but may go up to 1-1.2cm if needed. Going up one size only gets you a 3mm higher HT.

I will post pics of the final set-up as the pic shown was before cutting the steerer and a few other things, cheers :-)

by Weenie

Thanks for your quick reply, I was thinking I'm in between M or downsize to S. I guess I fit in XS-S

by Bregnhoj

RippedUp wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:Image

Hilarious! That was the best part of the movie!! :D

I don't think you've seen the movie i've seen then.

Great job on the bike, though. It's a dream bike for sure.
My bikes incl. De Rosa Superking and Cervelo R3
Twitter & Instagram - @mathiasbregnhoj

by BWO

This is without doubt my dream bike

by BennyPropel

Considering a Logos at the moment but there's no chance I can test ride one in Australia so it's a massive punt.

I think I might go with another Italian and get a Dogma for the second time around.

Love the RB1K, colour isn't my thing but the frame is gorgeous. So heavy but I guess that's the way it is when you have a powerful frame such as this

by shlammed

That bike is gorgeous.

I wish I had some of the budgets others here have.

by vlastrada

Cheers guys

Pics before today's rainy ride...pretty damn happy with how well it rides...getting there...just a couple of minor tweaks on the horizon :)

~ 6.7kg including PC7, sensors etc

Sorry for the subpar pics

@ BennyPropel, Logos and Dogma both excellent, not regretting the extra 400g of the frameset, very reactive, stable, damps the big hits; fine but not as comfortable as my bmc slr01...:)
@ shlammed: I know, been there too, could have not afforded this anywhere near retail price either, lots of waiting involved

Last edited by vlastrada on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by anquetil

Very nice Cipollini, at 174 hight and 81 inseam i have M size.
How do you find right position for pedals(i mean end of knee straight down to pedal axle).
Maybee S would be perfect for me with 120 stem, now i have 105.

Have a nice time with your bike.

Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

nice bike, tape your tape instead of taping your bars. Other than that, really good looking and huge drop it seems

by PSM

That bike is crying for a decent wrap. :sorry:

Whoaaaaaa.... congrats for a very beautiful cipo...very well done :thumbup:

by oakes2004

Phwoaar! That's a sexy bike

by gazzaputt

mmm sex on wheels love it!

by Weenie

by vlastrada

Looks like the gods are against me..first had to be treated for an aggressive parasite then.... as I start upping the training again....the ISP cracks....damn!

Initially I thought it was just cosmetic....but is flexing big time under pedalling load.....and no, I am not a particularly heavy guy (62 kg)
(Needless to say, everything was torque-wrenched meticulously....)

I will let you know how well Cipo USA deals with this...fingers crossed...but they should warranty this

One more reason why I hate ISPs...

@ Anquetil....Sorry had missed your question, yes S should fit you well, with a slightly longer stem...
I am 176 "tall", with 84cm inseam, BB to top of the saddle just over 73.1cm, my XS fits me well with a 12 or a 13cm stem (still experimenting).
Saddle to bar drop is pretty substantial though. CHEERS ;)