Carbon Fiber Saddle - Rider Review & Feedback

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

FrontCycles
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by FrontCycles

I'm looking to get feedback on a new saddle design myself and another composite engineer are developing. The concept is to offer 3 different variations for three specific weight segments. Each variation will have a different degree of flex depending on the riders preference. Through the use of specific composite materials we intend to allow riders of all weights to select a saddle according to their specific desired flex.

I attached a picture of the preliminary design to provide a better idea of the current design. We would appreciate it if you could take 2-3 minutes to review the brochure and complete the 10 question survey. The is will provide us with valuable feedback and help shape the final design going forward

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WFBF8KK

We would greatly appreciate any additional feedback you may have and forwarding the link with documents to anyone else who you may think could provide additional comments.

Thanks for all your support.
Attachments
1-11-14 (8)-1.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quinn039

by Quinn039

looks cool!

Will they be available with carbon rails?

FrontCycles

by FrontCycles

Absolutely! Our prototypes have both TI and Carbon rails. We may offer both options or just go with only offering carbon rails. We plan to decide once we finish the market research.

If you are interested in more information please forward an email or submit the request through our survey.

Thanks for the feedback and support

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

FrontCycles wrote:We would appreciate it if you could take 2-3 minutes to review the brochure and complete the 10 question survey.

Where is the brochure?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

fletch62

by fletch62

No cutouts?

Getter

by Getter

I like short nose saddles...

FrontCycles

by FrontCycles

prendrefeu wrote:
FrontCycles wrote:We would appreciate it if you could take 2-3 minutes to review the brochure and complete the 10 question survey.

Where is the brochure?

I apologize for not uploading the brochure, this forum limits the file size uploaded to the site and we were unable to attach the original copy. I have uploaded a jpeg image of the brochure for more clarity.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback; good or bad.
Attachments
Brochure.JPG

FrontCycles

by FrontCycles

Getter wrote:I like short nose saddles...

The total length of the saddle is still somewhat undefined.

fletch62 wrote:No cutouts?

Based on our research and the how the saddle will perform structurally, we intend to incorporate a recess, not a full cutout.

Thanks once again for all the input,

Grill

by Grill

That recess better be at least as deep as on the Sitero if there;s no cutout option.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Lol, funny to see this. I did something very very similar for a FEA project last year. I wish you luck.

FrontCycles

by FrontCycles

Here is the latest saddle complete with all carbon 7mm x 9mm rails. We are unsure if the carbon rails are an added benefit other than weight as they appear to make the saddle assembly more stiff. The same carbon saddle with Ti rails is approximately 30g heavier.

We thank everyone for all their support and will keep the survey open for another 10 days for anyone interested. Once complete we will more than happy to share the results with everyone.

Here is the link for reference: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WFBF8KK

We are getting some very valuable and interesting feedback.

Thanks again for everyone's support
Attachments
IMG_2775-1.jpg
IMG_2777-1.JPG

corky

by corky

I like that it is low profile

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

This prototype appears to have a raised tail compared to the flat longitudinal profile depicted in the design images. What led to that decision?

dogg

by dogg

quite like the looks of this, I'm not really a fan of saddles with much fore-to-aft curvature to them, the flatter version posted on the brochure looks absolutely lovely, add in the prospect of american made and you've nearly go me sold already!

the idea of different levels of flexibility is very cool as well. i have been interested in a carbon saddle for a while but i often ride in excess of 100-150k so I'm not really sold on a rigid hardshell saddle like most carbon ones. id love one of the padded tunes but there about $100 too rich for my blood

ill keep on eye on this because you've really piqued my interest, depending on when you move to production and what the price point is i could definitely see my ass on one of these given the final saddle design is somewhat along the lines of whats pictured on the brochure.

best of luck to you

FrontCycles

by FrontCycles

FilmAt11 wrote:This prototype appears to have a raised tail compared to the flat longitudinal profile depicted in the design images. What led to that decision?

Just to clarify, the prototypes are being used to prove that we can vary the flex of the saddle through the selection of materials based on rider weight and preference. The image shown in the brochure is our initial design and one we plan on revising with all the feedback generated from the survey.

Thank you for your questions and good feedback

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com