Ridley Dean RS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NGMN

by NGMN

If anyone has been waiting to do a cheap winter time trial/triathlon build, you may want to check out the Dean RS. Pictures to come(tried to attach from my ipad and it was too big)

I just got the frame from competitive cyclist and really dig it, and others are clearing out the dean rs as well. Compared to the current best of the best there are certainly shortcomings but it's also got some fairly impressive features.

As for weights
Frame is 1390 with hanger and seatpost clamp(if it weren't proprietary I'd weight separate but, I'm stuck with it)
Fork is 570 grams uncut with crown race
Headset is 112 grams but the expander is super heavy and will be replaced
The front brake is 161 grams
Rear brake is a forged version of the Planet X brakes and weighs 120 grams
The seatpost uncut weighs 230 grams

There is certainly some room for tuning.

The frame has slightly chunkier tubes than lots of the top bikes, I measured them around 33mm. And the rear wheel cutout isn't huge. But the headtube is fairly narrow and nicely sculpted. The fork is a work of art(narrow and deep blades) and its a damn shame the brake is so obtrusive. Certainly it's no P5 or speed concept but I'd say with a clean setup it'll be plenty fast.

RiverCityKid

by RiverCityKid

What size is it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NGMN

by NGMN

Size small, but beware that this model runs a little large. I should have pictures up this weekend, build was easy.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

agreed on the sizing. Most Ridleys run big. Im about 5'9" and ride a small Damocles.

NGMN

by NGMN

Here she is built up with a vision semi integrated bar with handholds cut flat and vision brake levers, easton stem, campy components and fsa energy crank.

http://i40.tinypic.com/29wwzo8.jpg