Scott Addict Orica Greenedge size Large

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Delorre

by Delorre

Here's my Scott Addict in Orica Greenedge colors. Complete build list will follow as some parts will be swapped in the short run. With Garmin + sensors (not pictured yet), it's a few gram under 6,4kg

After some longer rides, the steer tube will be cut with probably 5mm spacer under the stem instead of 10 mm now. Saddle is aready a very bit more horizontal, but was almost perfect as shown

Short term plans:

-Extralight ultrastar expander
-C260 stem
-Tune DC14 quickreleases instead of my old AC14's
-Decent bartape in white or black. What do you think? Current bartape was some old stuff laying around and used for the first initial rides, knowing that the shifters may have to be moved a bit to get it 100% perfect

Final weight will be around 6,35kg

For next year, plans are:

-Fulcrum racing carbon wheels
-Stages power meter

All suggestions are welcome :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

Current build list:

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Good looking Scott, by chance did you own a pre 2011 to compare?
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Very classy B&W Addict.
Congrats on the new ride.

Did it come from the bike store with Di2 or did you opt for it over mechanical? Just wondering.

Delorre

by Delorre

oreoboreo wrote:by chance did you own a pre 2011 to compare?

Nope, but I've owned a CR1 sl (the very first ones, 890gr frameset) for almost 8 years. Loved that bike, although it was quite harsh to ride compared to my Canyon. This Addict rides .... like a Scott. Stable and firm, confidence inspiring. I think i'm gonna love this one, but has to be confirmed after some serious rides :wink:

Delorre

by Delorre

Johnny Rad wrote:Did it come from the bike store with Di2 or did you opt for it over mechanical? Just wondering.

The deal was on a DI2 only frameset. No way I would have paid the full 2,8K € for the frameset. And I was temped to try di2 anyway, so, I went for it! Everything has been put together by myself, except the BB cups...

kulivontot

by kulivontot

What's the verified weight on a scale? Any time I see a itemized spreadsheet I'm curious how well it matches reality.

ajmit3

by ajmit3

How does it compare to canyon ?

Delorre

by Delorre

kulivontot wrote:What's the verified weight on a scale? Any time I see a itemized spreadsheet I'm curious how well it matches reality.

Once the small updates are done, I will use my 5kg, 1gr precision kitchen scale to weight the bike minus wheels and the 2 complete wheels. On my luggage scale, I have 6435g at the moment, but that scale gives a verified 25 g more at 5 kg compared to the kitchen scale.

So generally, you should add 20 or 30 g to the spreadsheet weight to have real weights. You have +/-30 individual weightings, so 1 or 2 gr more or less per weighting, and you rapidly have some real differences at the end :( But a spreadsheet gives you a good idea what weight futur upgrade can save of add!

Delorre

by Delorre

ajmit3 wrote:How does it compare to canyon ?

After a short spin of 50 miles earlier last week and 2 serious rides this weekend (200 miles and almost 15000 feet climbing in total, avg 20,6 on both), I think i'm able to give a first review and comparison with the Canyon:

+ side:
* a lot stiffer, especially in the front. It's a joy to go out of the saddle with this. The canyon is far more slughish in that aspect.
* very snappy ride, accelarates very easely
* steering is stable just what it has to be, but remains very easy to handle. Even at > 50MPH on a less than perfect descent, steering remains calm. All good, far beter than the canyon (lacks stiffness in front and is far more twitchy). One handed riding is not a problem at all.
* Nothing to do with the frame, but DI2 is a pure joy, especially when you get tired at the end. With mech, you easely shift 2 cogs instead of 1 intended. With DI2, tap, and shift. Easy!

- side:
* a little harsh. Beter than my old CR1 SL, but far worse than the Canyon. Even with same wheels and tyres. I dropped a little pressure in the tyres, but no real improvement. I use a different saddle on both bikes, but that's no explanation : the front end of the Scott is also a lot firmer! In most review, testers talk about the real comfort of the new addict. Sorry, bu I don't get it. Now, in most reviws, they rave about the stiffness of the Canyon CF SlX. I don't get it either. The canyon is really flexy compared to the Addict (and the old CR1). Conclusion : take reviews with a real grain of salt!!
* Also nothing to do with the frame, but the DA brakes are not that impressive : fairly good modulation, but lack of real bite and stopping power. Even with my trusty Campy aloy wheels and standard DA blocks. It gets a little better as the blocks start to wear a little, but i'm a bit disapointed here. Arent' the DA brakes not the reference everything else is compared with?

Bottom line : The addict is a pure, hardcore racebike. The canyon is more of a granfondo bike, best suited for +5 hours rides without too brutal efforts out of the saddle.

More questions? Shoot!!

Delorre

by Delorre

Juanmoretime wrote:I like it too. The stem is a WCS 4-Axis not a C260. (At least pictured)

Indeed, a C260 one is on my shortlist :wink:

Delorre

by Delorre

First 1000 miles are in, and all I can say, is that, performance wise, this one is 1 step above my Canyon. Stiffer, snappier and more stable steering. A clear winner. Confort is still lacking a bit, even if I really feel at home on this bike. Di2 remains terrific and brakes, after proper pad setup and brake-in, finally work like the are supposed to be! White bar tape is nice, but a pain to keep clean...

Updates so far:

*5mm spacer under the stem instead of 10mm and slightly shorter steer tube
*Record cassette
*Tune DC14 skewers
*Saddle set up correctly
*Edge 520 (perfect visual match in B&W also)

According to my electronic kitchen scale, the bike without wheels is 4143gr and both wheels complete with everything are 2201gr. Grand total: 6344gr. Xls sheet gives me 5gr more, so pretty accurate :D Next step is the 6,3 kg barier 8)

Below a pic I took after the weekly cleaning.

NoMütze

by NoMütze

Beautiful! loving that classic look! actually i own the exact same frame with ultegra di2...
only downside with my frame is that the screws for the bottle cage on the seattube are misaligned, so the cage points to the right side.
No big deal as Scott won't hesitate to change it to a 2016 addict...BUT, have you seen the New design? IMO the most boring and uninspiring paintjob i've ever seen for a team issue bike...not classic, not modern...just...aaah

ross

by ross

Very nice :) Try a white saddle too

Delorre

by Delorre

NoMütze wrote:Beautiful! loving that classic look! actually i own the exact same frame with ultegra di2...
only downside with my frame is that the screws for the bottle cage on the seattube are misaligned, so the cage points to the right side.
No big deal as Scott won't hesitate to change it to a 2016 addict...BUT, have you seen the New design? IMO the most boring and uninspiring paintjob i've ever seen for a team issue bike...not classic, not modern...just...aaah

Strange issue you have there. :? Good that Scott is willing to change it, but you are right, those 2016 colors are boring, awfull, ... you name it. Can't they provide you with a 2015 frameset? Could be difficult, but that's not your problem, but Scott's. You are customer, you haven't asked mis alligned bolt, so, you have the right to be a 'difficult' client :wink: Good luck with it. And in the worst case scenario, get what they are able to provide you, and let it respray in the design you want. Cost you something, but the frameset is worth it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com