Spencer Wright Intro! - custom framebuilder @ Traffic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

trafficbikes

by trafficbikes

Hey all! My name is Spencer Wright, and I'm an 3D designer and hardware product manager in Brooklyn. I used to build custom bicycle frames as Traffic Cycle Design, though now I'm mostly focused on smart things and advanced manufacturing. In particular, I've been working on a few 3D printed bike parts - though they're a bit away from being ready for production.

I look forward to being a part of the community! You can see me on my blog or on twitter :)

S

Geoff

by Geoff

Welcome! Your topper looks great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

syncmaster

by syncmaster

Welcome Spencer! Just took a quick browse through your frame building website. Some nice looking builds there! I like the look of this one a lot:

Since you're now on Weight Weenies..... what kind of frame weights were you getting with a steel/carbon combo like the one above?

Are you still taking custom orders? I'm located in NY as well. Have always wanted to learn about custom frame building....

trafficbikes

by trafficbikes

@Geoff - Thanks! It's a fun project, and I'm excited for feedback!

@syncmaster - Thanks, that my personal road bike - you may see it (with me attached) on 9W on Saturdays, or in Prospect Park on weekdays. It comes in around 7.7kg, sans water bottles - plenty light for me :)

I'm not taking custom orders right now, as I'm focusing on the Topper & some other things - but I'll give a holler if that changes!

Spencer