Bar: Zipp SL 42cm - traditional bend - 1cm cut off each end
Bartape: Deda Trafornatto tape
Bottle cages and hardware: New Ultimate EVO bottle cage
Outer cables: Powercordz SWIFT
Inner cables: Powercordz SWIFT
Brakes: Ciamillo Gravitas SL - carbon
Brake pads: Reynolds Cyro Blue
Front derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 with Fiber Lyte UL 9000 carbon gear plate
Crankset: Zipp Vuma Quad - 172.5mm Compact
Bottom Bracket: Zipp Vuma Quad - Ceramic BSA (english)
Chainrings: Zipp Vuma Quad 50t x 34t
Chainring bolts: Zipp std
Chain: Yaban Ti
Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Cassette: Omni Race Ti-Ceramic 12- 25
Wheels: Reynolds RZR
Hubs: Reynolds RZR
Spokes: Reynolds RZR
Rims: Reynolds RZR - 40mm
Wheel skewers: Control Tech - Race Ti bolt-on
Tires: Tufo Extreme Jet <160g - tubular
Pedals: TriRig Mecury
Tape/glue: Tufo tubular tape

Last edited by lannes on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TimmS

by TimmS

Ghisallo's are always nice. Maybe if I had to pick one bike for the rest of my life it would b a Ghisallo, such a classic!

Amazing how "easy" you got it under 5 kg :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

TimmS wrote:Ghisallo's are always nice. Maybe if I had to pick one bike for the rest of my life it would b a Ghisallo, such a classic!

Amazing how "easy" you got it under 5 kg :thumbup:

Thanks, the main area of weight loss is in the wheelset, all up including cassette, skewers and tubs/tape, the RZR's are 1.49kg

This is really good for a 40mm profiled wheel.

Also the frame weighs a certified 787gms, I got the frame back in 2007, 7 years later it still looks like new.

I'm going to keep mine for as long as I can, they do make an excellent bikes

If you can find a 2007-2008 model, these are significantly stiffer due to the ovalised tubes coming into the bottom bracket.

lannes

by lannes

Juanmoretime wrote:Excellent! A couple of thoughts. You may want to check the lower stack height on the Cane Creek headset and the dropout to crown height on the Enve against your current set up since it could affect the handling of your bike. The New Ultimate clamp also works very well and is light for not much money. While Tofu tires are light they don't roll well. When I ran them the road noise was so loud that I was actually glad when I flatted and had to put on a different tubular.

How does the Yaban chain work for you?

Yes the stack height will be effected by the Cane Creek AER , I'll have to add a spacer, or flip the stem.

I don't have much of a nosie problem with the Tufo's, maybe because I only run them at their minimum recommended of 140psi.

The Yaban chain is not as good as a Dura Ace, it shifts ok, but I don't think it's as stiff.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Those warning stickers on your wheels have got to go!

Love the build though, such a nice compliment of high performance parts.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

^this^

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

The tubes look nice, in particular the bulge butt/swaged seat tube.

But really? An in-line seat post. I have never met anyone who needed one on a road bike, but other people tell me such people do exist. So, here's an idea for you ... Find a longish hill with a grade of 5 or 6 or 7 or thereabouts percent, and try riding up it in the saddle.

If you are sacrificing correct position so that you can use your fancy lightweight in-line seatpost that former mountain bikers sometimes like the look of, that is a mistake.

Not sure I like the look of that Reynolds fork. Looks like it is designed to take fenders.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Valbrona, looks like he could easily use a set back seatpost from the position of his saddle. But why? If he can achieve the correct position with zero set back and the post is lighter, then there is no issue. You seem to imply that a zero set back post always puts you in a sub-optimum position, which would be incorrect. So, is this a fashion issue for you?

lannes

by lannes

Valbrona wrote:The tubes look nice, in particular the bulge butt/swaged seat tube.

But really? An in-line seat post. I have never met anyone who needed one on a road bike, but other people tell me such people do exist. So, here's an idea for you ... Find a longish hill with a grade of 5 or 6 or 7 or thereabouts percent, and try riding up it in the saddle.

If you are sacrificing correct position so that you can use your fancy lightweight in-line seatpost that former mountain bikers sometimes like the look of, that is a mistake.

Not sure I like the look of that Reynolds fork. Looks like it is designed to take fenders.

I actually had to go to the inline post to get my right position, so it's the best of both worlds

The Reynolds UL fork is a "road" fork, so definitely not for fenders, at the time it was the lightest production fork, I think other than the THM Scapula SP it still is

http://www.spectrum-cycles.com/forks.php

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Do not switch to the AER headset!!! Don't do it!!! They are crap! I say this from experience. Accept a few extra grams of the absolutely trouble-free CK headset. Look at my Ghisallo build and see. The AER headset will fail almost as quickly as you can install a new one. The Teflon "bushing" is worthless.

lannes

by lannes

delete, please see first post, for updated build
Last edited by lannes on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

lannes wrote:Image

Is it just me or is your brake pad upside down?

lannes

by lannes

Wingnut wrote:Is it just me or is your brake pad upside down?

They are upside down, I'm using Reynolds Cryo blue pads in the Ciamillo pad holders, there is no way to secure the pads, so if you use them the right way up they get ejected when you brake.
Last edited by lannes on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Can't you just swap the left to the right & vice versa...so the opening on the pad holder is facing forward?