Litespeed Ghisallo - Medium, 4850 grams

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Don't the pads and pad holders have left/right markings? They are definitely on the wrong sides.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I love this build. This damn bike is making me spend more money on my build to get it as light as reasonably possible. Damn it.

Knoxxy

by Knoxxy

Congratulations!
This is one of my favorite builds on here.
Deeply impressive getting Titanium sub 5kg.
:D

gravity

by gravity

Valbrona wrote:
But really? An in-line seat post. I have never met anyone who needed one on a road bike, but other people tell me such people do exist. So, here's an idea for you ... Find a longish hill with a grade of 5 or 6 or 7 or thereabouts percent, and try riding up it in the saddle.

If you are sacrificing correct position so that you can use your fancy lightweight in-line seatpost that former mountain bikers sometimes like the look of, that is a mistake.

Not sure I like the look of that Reynolds fork. Looks like it is designed to take fenders.

I have never met someone as snob as you. There is nothing wrong with zero setback seatpost if the position fits him. Find a longish hill with a grade of 5 or 6 or 7 or thereabouts percent, and try riding up in the saddle that is set up too far back for your position.

If you are sacrificing correct position so that you can use your fancy lightweight 25mm setback seatpost that road cyclist sometimes like the look of, that is a mistake.

Right back at you.

After reading your post, hats off to lannes for keeping his cool.

newbikeman

by newbikeman

Will you consider selling your Litespeed Ghisallo frame?

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Valbrona wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:40 pm
The tubes look nice, in particular the bulge butt/swaged seat tube.

But really? An in-line seat post. I have never met anyone who needed one on a road bike, but other people tell me such people do exist. So, here's an idea for you ... Find a longish hill with a grade of 5 or 6 or 7 or thereabouts percent, and try riding up it in the saddle.

If you are sacrificing correct position so that you can use your fancy lightweight in-line seatpost that former mountain bikers sometimes like the look of, that is a mistake.

Not sure I like the look of that Reynolds fork. Looks like it is designed to take fenders.
You must be taking the piss?! TTers like inline Seatposts to get more over the BB and adopt a more aggressive position..

As a Tester I have inline on all my bikes except my saffron as that is a gravel build so I don't do every ride on the rivet..

However I managed to ride hardknott pass in the saddle with my inline and that is over 33% in places 😂😂

Also that fork is Enve 🤯🙈
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

CustomMetal wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:51 pm
Valbrona wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:40 pm
The tubes look nice, in particular the bulge butt/swaged seat tube.

You must be taking the piss?! TTers like inline Seatposts to get more over the BB and adopt a more aggressive position..

As a Tester I have inline on all my bikes except my saffron as that is a gravel build so I don't do every ride on the rivet..

However I managed to ride hardknott pass in the saddle with my inline and that is over 33% in places 😂😂

Also that fork is Enve 🤯🙈
Wow, I can't believe you know yourself better than some random person on the internet :lol:
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

errm guys....

why are we replying to a 7 year old thread?
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

gurk700

by gurk700

onemanpeloton wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:18 pm
errm guys....

why are we replying to a 7 year old thread?
I LOL'ed

But really, those brake pad holders need to be swapped left/right

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

:lol:
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL