Project UCI who? 2011 S-Works Shiv build.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bfno

by bfno

Dash seatpost combo would be very interesting, thinking of one for my shiv. The saddles definitely seem like a very nice compromise between weight and comfort as I have never heard a bad work about them. Sure do costa pretty penny though don't they :)
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Thanks for the detailed response, Prof! Yeah, I'd actually be trying to target a UCI race, so I'd probably have to make sure the frame is compliant, unfortunately.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

bfno wrote:Dash seatpost combo would be very interesting, thinking of one for my shiv. The saddles definitely seem like a very nice compromise between weight and comfort as I have never heard a bad work about them. Sure do costa pretty penny though don't they :)

I've thoroughly contemplated something like the Dash combo. I hear Jure is working on a TT saddle. I would rather wait for him, and have him build me something. I have an extra post ready to send him.

So I made my Shiv's cockpit 100% more comfortable, and possibly faster. It may have saved a little weight, but maybe not. In any event, it is an improvement. The R2C shifters don't suck near as bad as people on the internet led me to believe. As a matter of fact, I think they are awesome so far. I'm so glad I found out about the service part that makes using 22.2mm aftermarket extensions possible. I'm also glad Zipp made the Vuka Shift Race extensions. They pretty much feel perfect. No bartape needed either. There is a textured surface for you to hold on to.

BmanX

by BmanX

How do you like your extensions. I am thinking I will have to pick up a pair for my build. I like the fact that they are integrated mounts for the SRAM shifters. Saves weight as well and I think about 40g's
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:How do you like your extensions. I am thinking I will have to pick up a pair for my build. I like the fact that they are integrated mounts for the SRAM shifters. Saves weight as well and I think about 40g's

I love them. I wish I did it a long time ago. A lot more comfortable. I like the integrated texture in the paint too, so you don't need to tape them. That saves weight too. It just looks so clean too. I really dig it. The bend is oh so perfect. The bike finally fits like I wanted it to.

BmanX

by BmanX

OK I am SOLD. Now I just have to get a good price on a pair.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

You won't be disappointed. I see you are using a chicane or S-bend extensions now, just like I was. You'll like this better. It feels so natural. Also, I have heard a lot of bad reviews about the R2C shifters, but I really like them. The aero advantage might be negligible, but they feel right in your hand always being in the same spot, and they look cool.

BmanX

by BmanX

I will be using the SRAM TT500 shifters and I was able to get the Zipp Vuka Chicane with Sram Shift mounts for $125 so I am happy with that price. I think it will be better for position and weight. Have to lighten up where I can.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I had the Quarq on, and had her out for a rip recently.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

great bicycle sir.

timjerome

by timjerome

yea ditto on above comments. Love the bike and work/mods you put into it. What shoes are those?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thanks!

The shoes are Specialized S-Works Sub 6.

Firetrail

by Firetrail

Noticed the switch to Power saddle...

How is it for TT? Thanks.
**Ti RB | CF TT **

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com