My Pinarello Dogma 65.1 frameset has arrived

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gwilliams

by gwilliams

The finish quality on Pinna bikes seems spot on. I do like that the Dogma has a theaded BB, although respecting that their other bikes seem to be moving to push fit I expect we may see it being used in the next Dogma :?

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I think so to, because Campa can deliver push fit cranksets this year and that is a positive accessory. Push fit systems looks nice and is an effective pedaling platform but threaded BB is in most cases problem free and push fit isn't always.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Yesterday my Pinarello Dogma arrived at home. I am very very pleased with the bike and the way she was build up. The frameset was a few weeks at my LBS but I wasn't able to pick her up until yesterday. Finally! :mrgreen:
The weight of the bike (like on the pictures) is 6.9kg = 15.2 lbs. The size is 57.5.
I have to do some fine tuning, because I probably need a shorter stem (110mm in stead of 120mm), but that depends on the saddle position.

The buildlist:

- Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Nakes Azzurro Bianco shiny (861) size 57.5
- Campa Record groupset
- Pinarello Dogma seatpost
- 3T Arx stealth stem 120mm
- 3T Ergonova compact handle bar.
- Tune Wassertrager (2x)
- K-edge chain catcher pro and garmin mount
- Lightweight Meilenstein C and Fulcrum Racing Speed XLR
- Michelin Pro 4 comp service course 23mm
- Specialized Toupé Pro saddle 143mm 2014
- Lizard Skins DSP bar tape 1.8mm
- Speedplat steel pedals
- Garmin Edge 800

Totaal weight 6.9kg = 15.2 lbs

My son parked his bike next to my bikes. How sweet :-) :beerchug:
Last edited by poppiholla on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagge

by nagge

That is a sweet bike!
What are your first impressions of the ride?
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

Nejmann

by Nejmann

How is it, compared to the sl4?

plpete

by plpete

So do you always carry a bike stand when you go on rides for those photo opps? :lol:

Very nice bike! How is the ride? I was wondering about your wheel selection. Both are very nice but kind of similar, deeper carbon wheels. Maybe some nice shallower wheels would add to variety...

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Thanks guys. I did not test the Dogma yet. I hope to ride it in a few days, depending on the weather. I really like the Tarmac but maybe the Dogma is better. Who knows.
@plpete: I also have Shamals. I will make a picture when I put the wheels in the Dogma.

Permon

by Permon

Very nice built. Few questions:
- is the bike weight with the Fulcrums or with Lightweights? (I quess it is hard to acchive 6,9 with the Fulcrums)
- how tall are You? I am asking because I am expecting Dogma in Wolrd Champ edition in few weeks and I was stuck in between 56 and 57.5. I chose 56. I am 186cm tall, so it will be a little bit on the smaller side, but better than having a bigger frame, I quess.

I will report the weight of the frameset when it arrives. It is almost all white, so I expect it to be a little bit heavier...like 1200g I quess. Me and friend of mine will have 2 identical World champs frames. I can wait to see it on own eyes.....Pinas always look soooo good in person.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Hi Permon,

Thanks! The weight is with the Lightweight wheels and including Speedplay zero stainless pedals and Garmin Edge 800.
I am 186cm tall but I chose 57.5 because I did not want a lot of headtube spacers with my stack and reach. I could pick 56 as well but then I needed too much spacers and I don't like that. I also needed a 130mm stem in size 56. So Size 57.5 is perfect for me. By the way I don't race so a smaller frame is not necessary. Dogma in size 56 looks beautiful so if you sit well on size 56 that is lucky for you :-)

Keep us posted. I was stuck between the Azzurro bianco and the Champ edition but I am very happy with the Azzurro Bianco. I hope that you made the right choice as well. :-) I agree that the Dogma looks very very good in person.

Permon

by Permon

Yeah, I also do not like too many spacers on my bikes. Actually, I would run NO spacers on 57.5, so I think I can live with 1,5cm of spacers on the 56.
My previous bike was 56.5cm top tube and I found it a perfect lenght for me....going Dogma 57.5 would strech me more which is something I do not like.
Have You already ridden the Dogma? How is it compared to SL4?
My impressions from riding a Dogma is like there is no better frameset available. I like the way it handles, it is rock solid while comfortable. And the looks!
Enjoy the ride!

valenleo

by valenleo

Lovely bike! Awesome!

poppiholla

by poppiholla

The Dogma rides like a dream. Very solid road feel and stable but at the same time nimble, responsive and quick. Comparing to the S-works Sl4 I can say that the Dogma feels more like very fast Mercedes AMG grand tourismo and the S-works Sl4 more like a sportscar. The Sl4 is stable, responsive quick, stiff but also more nervous without being too nervous. I love her.
The Dogma is a real racebike but gives also a lot of comfort and smoothness. Comparing to the Sl4 I can say that the SL4 is very very fast, but the Dogma is very fast without notice. The ride quality is at a very very high level.
Both bikes are amazing and winners but at the moment I don't have a favourite. The Sl4 will probably my climbing bike and the Dogma my clubride. I feel very lucky owning these two beautiful bikes.

by 855

realy nice bike. in my opinion it looks better with the fulcrums...

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Thanks. Within a few weeks I will put Campa Bora One black label wheels in the Dogma.

Permon

by Permon

poppiholla wrote:The Dogma rides like a dream. Very solid road feel and stable but at the same time nimble, responsive and quick. Comparing to the S-works Sl4 I can say that the Dogma feels more like very fast Mercedes AMG grand tourismo and the S-works Sl4 more like a sportscar. The Sl4 is stable, responsive quick, stiff but also more nervous without being too nervous. I love her.
The Dogma is a real racebike but gives also a lot of comfort and smoothness. Comparing to the Sl4 I can say that the SL4 is very very fast, but the Dogma is very fast without notice. The ride quality is at a very very high level.
Both bikes are amazing and winners but at the moment I don't have a favourite. The Sl4 will probably my climbing bike and the Dogma my clubride. I feel very lucky owning these two beautiful bikes.

Very nice bike comparisson. :thumbup:
I feel it in a similar way :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com