Colnago Master 30th Anniversary AD4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stanier

by stanier

BTW, is there any update on how the bike rode and how it looks now?

Franklin

by Franklin

It's funny how people are gasping for Campagnolo when Colnago and Shimano are a very old match.

Indeed, Mapei swore by Shimano components on their Colnago's, as did Rabobank. So for a classic match Shimano is an extremely valid option.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

The fact that Colnago and Shimano are long term partners in the pro cycling scene does not mean that Shimano is better on a Colnago aesthetics wise.
Building a team replica bike is interesting as well but this is not the case either.
Last edited by kgt on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

stanier

by stanier

I've run bikes with Shimano and Campagnolo and honestly I've had highs and lows with both and will continue to buy both I'm sure.

In the case of NS's build I just think the silver and black finish of current Dura Ace sets the Master frame and particularly the AD4 colour off a treat and in a way I don't think the carbon Chorus / Record / Super Record sets would. Of course you could have silver Athena but I think that would miss the point of this build.

I like the way that NS's build isn't trying to be retro. To me it says bang up to date and best of breed with a steel frame. It says experience over fashion that just happens to create a very lovely bike.

Franklin

by Franklin

kgt wrote:The fact that Colnago and Shimano are long term partners in the pro cycling scene does not mean that Shimano is better on a Colnago aesthetics wise.

I said it was a valid option, I did not say either one was better. :beerchug:

But if you want to hear it: In this build I can't see a Campa build being better. It's aesthetically a fine bike.

kgt

by kgt

I disagree but that is what a forum is: discussing different opinions on a subject.

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Beautiful Bike, looks the biz

mannymerc

by mannymerc

I think it looks great, I like that you put together this bike for you to like and appreciate, no for the people, keep it up.

dogg

by dogg

that is badass

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Beautiful build and LOVE the DA9000 on it. Looks absolutely fantastic

em3

by em3

nice build....that Deda Superleggero stem just looks correct matched with the small steel tubes (are you sure you can't make it work with the bootleg shim you used?). I think most people with threadless steertubes on steel bikes often make the mistake of using large/bulky stems that just don't look right matched with skinny steel tubes (e.g. Enve, Easton, 3T)...I think this new Deda stem and the Ritchey 4-axis are the only stems slim enough to use on steel bikes.EM3

NS

by NS

Update

Ive ridden this now. not a great deal due to our crappy weather but its superb to ride, so smooth. Finally decided on some reynolds wheels and Vittoria SC's

Apologies for the saddle pack, bottle and dog toy

Imagemaster by nikxl

Krull

by Krull

wow, love it. such nice details (colour of the pedals!). wheelset goes great with the frame, not to deep!

Mayfly

by Mayfly

Very nice , just built mine

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

Everything looks perfect !!