RTSM's 2013 Focus Cayo Evo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RTSM

by RTSM

Hello all,
New member sharing my current bike, a 2013 Focus Cayo Evo.
Been upgrading for the past several years currrently running all SRAM Red 22 with eTap shifting and Fulcrum Racing Zero carbon clinchers.
Right now it weighs 6.8kg including F3 Garmin mount, carbon bottle cages and Time Xpro 15 pedals.
I have been very happy with this bike and performs well as an all-around style of bike however not too aero.
Now on to the next hopefully with and Sworks SL6 disc (CFO/Wife does not believe in N+1 so this bike will be up for sale soon)
Look forward to joining the community.
RTSM
Attachments
20181126_103954 (002).jpg

JerryLook

by JerryLook

The bike’s looking good man.

Did you have a chance to get a frame and fork weight? Also, what size is the frame?
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I always thought the Cayo was a bit of a hidden gem - like the Bianchi Sempre - where the company really pushed a more expensive model and an excellent bike was overlooked. Nice to see one built up to this spec.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

:welcome:
Like the bar tape, finishes the bike off nicely IMO

Don’t see too many Cayos on this site, 6.8 is a reasonable weight
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

RTSM

by RTSM

Thanks all, to answer some of the questions, frame is size 54 and bought it fully built and I then upgraded piece by piece so I never had the frame and fork bare to weight them however I read that the advertised frame weight to be ~ mid-high 800 grams and the fork ~ 389 grams so somewhat light considering this is a 5 year old bike. Agree that this model was a hidden gem for Focus, bought it when the then Jelly Belly Team switched from the Izalco to the Cayo Evo. I missed out on getting the limited edition Jelly Belly paint scheme which could of been more of a collectable. Very few of these bikes over here in California as well so enjoy not being on the same retail bikes around here. Great bike, recomend to anyone looking for what might be classified as a grand fondo type of bike.
Best regards....