Firefly Ti Record - 7.72 update page 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

ronderman wrote:
IamnotWiggins wrote:That SxE thing just gives me douche chills.

Given it's subtlety, I'm OK with it. Nevertheless most bike riders I see as of late at various group rides, races and on the road give me douche chills.

And if you break, will you have it converted into an hourglass like so many X tattoos you see of former edgemen?

jbaillie

by jbaillie

IamnotWiggins wrote:
ronderman wrote:
IamnotWiggins wrote:That SxE thing just gives me douche chills.

Given it's subtlety, I'm OK with it. Nevertheless most bike riders I see as of late at various group rides, races and on the road give me douche chills.

And if you break, will you have it converted into an hourglass like so many X tattoos you see of former edgemen?

Who's being the douche here?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ronderman

by ronderman

Here is an update - ENVE 3.4 wheels with King R45 hubs.

Imagephoto by velomonkeys, on Flickr

grid256

by grid256

Well shoot, I missed this one first time around. Beautiful, and same goes for the update. And screw the edge haters.

Martin1977

by Martin1977

Great Bike !
If they cancel import fees in between Europe and America, my next bike will be FireFly.

michel2

by michel2

Martin1977 wrote:Great Bike !
If they cancel import fees in between Europe and America, my next bike will be FireFly.

nothing wrong with a crisp ! (-:

esfrost

by esfrost

The craftmanship, and precision that has gone into this build is just beyond awesome. Wish i could afford something like this. And now, with the Enve wheelset, its just blows my mind. Keep it up!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Perfect bike. The Deda stem is a good choice too, as the Enve one often looks a bit out of place on round&straight tubed bikes. Personally I would probably go for a black perforated bar tape, but that's only if I had to change something. The crankset looks unbelievably good on this bike.

lobular

by lobular

I like it alot.....except for the 'heel rub' on the cranks.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Lovely bike, and the personal touches to the frame make it truly special.

I am however quite surpised that is weighs as much as 7.7kg? Given the build I would have thought you'd be closer to 7.2kg, Did you get a weight for the frame before it was built up?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

ronderman

by ronderman

Thanks for the nice compliments.

@lobular - ya, I had the SISL cranks prior and loved them, though didn't really care for the 11 speed rings. So got the SISL2 when they came out - the Q factor is now like regular cranks, not like they were before and the bootie rub bugs me, too. Never had that issue prior.

@bikewithnoname - you know, that weight is about the weight I get all my bikes at. My Colnago C59 was basically the same and I had the same build but with Record cranks. The SISL2 cranks are probably 100 grams lighter, the saddle maybe 10 grams and the peddles maybe 15 grams - I suspect the difference is in the weight on the frame as everything else is the same (ENVE and Cosmic SLRs are very close in weight too). The frame isn't small by any stretch - very close to a colnago 60cm traditional or 56S. The headtube is oversized as are the chainstays and down tube.

One thing I like about the build is that it's a big bike but doesn't look huge. I stopped by firefly and Tyler was welding it right when I got there. As you can see, the headtube is just huge, like a can of beer. I was nervous, but built up it came out great.

Image1479500_10202449618907957_80757564_n by velomonkeys, on Flickr

Roel W

by Roel W

This bike comes very close to perfection!

I do like the subtle decals and the absence of large logos.

ronderman

by ronderman

This bad boy is going on 3 years and still rides as nice as the day I got it.

Brought it back to the boys at Firefly for a re-finish and got a few new anodizing things done to it. Aint no weight weenie, but it lasts and lasts and lasts.

ImagePatrick-and-Firefly

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

benzebub

by benzebub

looks great! what size is the headtube?
But I could be wrong