XPREZO T-29 steel 29er 10,04 kg - update May 22

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

joo

im not sure of the thickness of the cover, I am loocking for something 2mm...Maybe a homemade one is the solution, the homemade one on page 6 is not working properly. I will try again with a cannondale BB30 bearing shield and see what happens

Quinn039

I using a rockshox maxle, at 72g

edit: added the axle in the build list. It was already included in the final weight, though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moshinho

by moshinho

devinci wrote:moshinho

actually pretty comfortable! I did many long rides on this saddle including a 7h ride, a lot of XCO races and a few XCM races too.

Thanks for the feedbac :thumbup: k

vfb

by vfb

Awesome bike! really not like all the others. It reminds me of how much i miss my old steel bike.
You have got some awesome details :thumbup:

For the stem i remember a user in here who had a -30 planet x or on-one stem. It was cheap light and durable if i remember correct. I cant find the bike, but it was a Niner in size small.

Keep us updated on the headset cover, i am also looking for a low stack headset bearing cover.
I ride for fun

KWalker

by KWalker

The Cannondale SS Evo stock HS cover should fit- it includes a thin ~2mm metal cover underneath the carbon spacer.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Getter

by Getter

You can always give the Syntace Flatforce stem a shot.

http://www.syntaceusa.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=2629

devinci

by devinci

Ok so I think I have come up with a pretty nice top cap solution. Im not sure where I can get the cannondale one without buying the whole headset. I dug my parts bin and found some cannondale BB30 bearing shields. I glued a micro washer on top of it to reduce it's diameter, which is about 1mm larger then the steerer tube. Once it is made up you can tune the final height with the proper amount of micro washers under the cap. The final stack is 3mm. Now only need to give it a quick paint shot.

here are the pictures.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

clean. Nice bit of tinkering youve done there.

veloflyte
in the industry

by veloflyte

jooo wrote:I think I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but have you thought about a Veloflyte headset cover?

And after a brief period of halted production, I am happy to say that the Standard Dust Shield is available again. Other items are being worked on at this very moment. Thanks to all for your support

devinci

by devinci

Quick update

Changed the bartape to ESI chunky, added a bottle cage and changed the stem to a ritchey c260 -25 D. Pictures of the bike in trail training set up. Been riding it on the road the past few days, feels awesome, can't wait to ride it in the trails.

Also pictured some parts of a wheelset to come.

Dt swiss 240 15mm CL front hub

Dt swiss 240 10x135 CL rear hub (to be converted to 12x142)

DanW

by DanW

The tan sidewalls look awesome :D Really works well on a thin, steel framed retro looking build. Definitely shaping up nicely! :thumbup:

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Nice Vincent, and long over due for an update BTW ;-)

devinci

by devinci

Update!

So a few new things for the race bike lately...

First, after the first round of Canada Cup, in super deep mud, I came back home and realized one of my egg beater 3 pedals was shot. I think the needle bearing is dead, the pedal was barely turning. So I dismounted the pedals and ordered some rebuild kits. These have 2 big seasons of use so its time for a rebuild. In the meantime, while waiting for the rebuild kit to show up, I decided it was also time for some weight lost so I ordered some egg beater 11 pedals! 183g on my scale, that is almost 100g lost over the old egg 3! Win.

Then, I've got myself a new handbuilt wheelset. Thanks to my friend and WW LouisN, we worked ont the set in dodgy working conditions and managed to finish it in one evening. They are stans crest built on 32 holes dt swiss 240 centerlock with dt revolution spokes and alu nipples. The set came in at 1450g without stickers (thanks to rims being under claimed weight). The set comes in at exactly 100g more then the american classic/crest set when including the disc rotor, rim tape and valves. Not bad.

According to my calculations, the bike now comes in at 9,975 kg, Win! Under 10kg steel 29er hardtail. Some more savings to come: switching the ENVE seatpost to my KCNC one, new carbon saddle which im not sure will save weight, and maybe 1x setup for racing.

Pictures, of course ;)

Bike is ready for round 2 and 3 of Canada Cup

A shot of a ''dry'' spot in round 1 in Mont Tremblant

Quinn039

by Quinn039

very nice and a respectable weight... but I liked it better with tanwalls... :P