ZIPP 2001 Dutch national squad

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Paul8v

by Paul8v

Looking forward to seeing this one built up

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I had a nice Shimano Dura Ace headset lined up ready to be fitted to the frame, only to find out yesterday the headset cups have been glued in place :evil: .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimmS

by TimmS

Could this be a nice upgrade for your handlebars?
Just spotted those on marktplaats... :D

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/fietsen-en- ... ousPage=lr

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely look into them. If I remember there was also a full carbon version of the VIP.

TimmS

by TimmS

Those full carbon versions have to be very rare

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Some better shots of the finished ITM CX2 handlebars

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Found out today how the sizing works for this frame. Apparently there is a small and a large frame and a small and a large beam. Mine appears to be a large frame and the beam is a small one. Put those two together and you end up with a frame that is too small for me by a couple of centimetres :cry: . I really need to figure these things out on future project, before I start sourcing parts.

simoncx

by simoncx

SWijland wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do a clean cable setup on an ITM Dual aerobar (without drilling it)?

I have looked all over the place for pictures of an ITM Dual aerobar showing cable setup, but as of yet I not been able to find one that shows a clean setup that does not require drilling.

I had that bar setup years ago and from what I remember I had to drill to hide the cables, I don't think I have any pics but I can look. I also remember cutting down the extensions because they were too high from me and then having to bore the extensions a little because the shifter didn't what to fit. They were nice bars once I had them dialed in but it toke so work.

BikeFanatic

by BikeFanatic

Very cool bike! I have a Zipp 3001 that has about 1,000 total miles on it. No nicks, no scratches. I also have a NOS Mavic Mektronic grouppo that I'm thinking of building it up with. I wanted one from the very first time I saw one. I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures. On the beam front, I occasionally see them come up on E-Bay. You may want to look there.....

BikeFanatic

by BikeFanatic

BTW - I went down to a Marine supply shop and bought a set of three beautiful stainless steel bolts to attach the seat mount to the beam. They look way better than the stock bolts.
I have the Zipp carbon brakes, but thought a set of Simkins Egg Brakes would look cool as well and help with the brake performance. I've seen them on E-Bay as well....