C59 AD10 finished build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bura

by bura

If Colnago's 'art decor" is derived from Art Deco and looking at the rider graph on the top of the tt it certainly is, then I have to say that beside some graphics there is nothing Art Deco on the paint scheme.
Neither the lettering nor the colors or the color transitions.
Needs to be clearly divided into different color fields with use of pastel colors and different lettering.
Some orange/black Colnago paint schemes are more Art Nouveau than Art Deco.
Colnago needs to look at some paints and paint schemes of the Baum Corretto which are much more Art Deco than this bike.Example B.C.in GTR Grey
Almost needless to add that Colnago is the best Italian bike IMO.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Yeah do what you want, just think the more retro/classic/master type paints is the ADs and PRs look odd on a sloping frame.

FWIW I think you run enough drop to have a trad. :)

giant man

by giant man

Perhaps the OP doesn't want a traditonal geom?

What does it matter? sloping or traditional, the important thing is its a Colnago. They look equally as good in sloping.

markyboy

by markyboy

giant man wrote:Perhaps the OP doesn't want a traditonal geom?

What does it matter? sloping or traditional, the important thing is its a Colnago. They look equally as good in sloping.

:thumbup: sloping for me
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

markyboy wrote: :thumbup: sloping for me

It's a slippery slope. :P
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

dominikk

by dominikk

So then why is Ernesto producing them in slooping, if that's the way it shouldn't be?
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

PSM

by PSM

Awesome!

Build your beautiful sloped frame any way you like it. But dont mix gruopsets... :smartass:

markyboy

by markyboy

PSM wrote:Awesome!

Build your beautiful sloped frame any way you like it. But dont mix gruopsets... :smartass:

I have just taken my super record Eps off the c59 matt black and its ready to go on the new frame when it arrives.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

GregSherwin

by GregSherwin

very nice

just ordered mine to in a 64 nero traditional.

i like the art decor but i have 2 masters and personally think the colour scheme looks better on steel

also, i'm told by mike that traditional are finishing.

thp

by thp

The AD frame looks beautiful, wish there were more paint schemes like this.

bura

by bura

Because it is a Colnago it is easy to say that this is the worst paint job on it calling it Art Decor.
However Markyboy enjoy your ride.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

rico

by rico

I'm normally an arch Colnago traditionalist (apart from the Shimano thing, obviously), and all my Colnagi have been trad geo. But something about the C59 (though I'm never gonna buy one - waiting for the C60) makes it appeal to me more as a sloping frame. Go figure.

Anyway, looks lovely and can't wait to see it built up. So pleased they got rid of that terrible 'modern' font they were using briefly for the lettering on these.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

dominikk wrote:So then why is Ernesto producing them in slooping, if that's the way it shouldn't be?

Same reason every manufacturer is... Ease of manufacturing, ease of stocking, ease of selling. Less inventory. Fewer size choices and with sloping frames it is easier to fit a wider range of folks without it looking too weird. Plus, and this in no small reason, because that's been the trend and as the old adage goes "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".
IMO sloping frames don't work as well with lugged construction looks wise but Colnago has done as good a job as anyone in this regard keeping the slope fairly reasonable. All depends on the size too. I think the 58 sloping is hideous. But the 54 sloping can look great when done right. Sort of all depends on setup. In fact, I think Colnago is really only producing "traditional" frames as special orders at this point.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Wow. No more traditional geometry C59 frames? That's a terrible move. I know that everyone has an opinion, but to say that a sloping frame looks as good as a traditional frame just sounds like pure malarkey. Hogwash, even.

A sloping Colnago is like a front engine Ferrari: sure, it's still nice, but it doesn't have the "soul" that epitomizes the brand.
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agreed! Give me Tradtional, or give me ... uh, er...
And for the record 1) I never said that a sloping frame looks as good, but it can look alright depending on the size and how it's done. But the same holds true for traditional frames. I've seen some pretty ugly traditional setups as well. And 2) I don't have any official word that there will be no more traditional frames, but my friend, who just ordered one in the last couple of weeks was told that no more Traditional frames would be coming into the US except by special order. And that is what I'm basing my statement above on. I said this before, and I know it's a stretch, but I wouldn't even be surprised if the C60 is not lugged. But like I said I have no better info on that than anyone else, except from watching market trends over the years. And Ernesto isn't getting any younger. So hang on to your lugged traditional Colnagos... if you think they're worth a lot now, just wait. And even if their value doesn't increase, they will for sure be sought after frames for years to come.

Sorry to detract from this build thread, a bit off topic I know... this is going to be a very nice build. The AD scheme in blue is one of the few colour schemes I like that is currently offered on the C59.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com