Just another bicycle fanatic...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrwirey

by mrwirey

Hello,

I am a 54 yr old, life-long bike fanatic with more money than common sense...or so my wife constantly reminds me. I have (wait for it) somewhere around 23 bikes and even I think that is WAY TOO MANY!

I live in sunny southern Arizona and have plenty of opportunities to ride year round on hills, mountains, and endless rolling roads with nary a stop sign or stop light to hinder my progress or enjoyment. Luckily for me my wife tolerates my fanaticism and plans our vacations so I can check adventures off my cycling bucket list. These have included climbing Haleakala, following the Tour de France (2010 & 2013), riding the Alps (2013), and riding around Europe on several occasions.

I will be posting up pictures of my bikes as the mood strikes me or as appropriate in response to others' postings. My passion runs in cycles (no pun intended). Some years I become infatuated with classic/old steel and Campagnolo, sometimes modern steel, sometimes carbon, sometimes light weight, sometimes wheels, sometimes groups...I really have no control over it so what I post will be cyclic (again, no pun intended).

I am not a snob. I love all aspects of cycling. I am not hung up on any brand name nor do I pledge my allegiance to any specific manufacturer of groups, wheels, etc. I acquire things (technology etc.), which intrigue me and give them a go. That is what I do. With that brief introduction I will attach some pictures of my custom Cysco Cycles bikes handbuilt by Richie Moore; one steel (with beautifully twisted TT & DT) and one Ti (with ISP). Enjoy...

Very respectfully, Tim
Attachments
BothCycscos.jpg
Cysco Ti Complete.jpg
Cysco Commuter (small).jpg
Cysco Ti Front.jpg
Cysco Ti Stem.jpg
Last edited by mrwirey on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Anything can be a torch if you set it on fire."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

:welcome:

23!! Wow......would love to see your shop, as well as all the bikes!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Nice bikes!

Doyler

by Doyler

I don't subscribe to many threads, but this could be a good one :)

fa63

by fa63

Those are both fantastic looking bikes, well done :thumbup:

Show us some more of your collection!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Doyler wrote:I don't subscribe to many threads, but this could be a good one :)

ditto! Can't wait to see what gets posted here!

mrwirey

by mrwirey

Hello,
I decided to buy a few Chinese carbon bikes after reading all the hoopla on the Internet...some good and some bad. I like to make up my own mind and they were relatively inexpensive. I decided on two FM028s and one FM015. I think I paid less than $600 apiece including frame, fork, headset, seatpost, paint, and shipping.

Overall build and ride quality is equivilant to the TREK 3 or 4 series. They built up fairly easy with no real surprises. Nice framesets for the price. Not in the same league as top of the line carbon bikes (a little flexier), but good enough for training, fast group rides, and the occasional race. I turned two into single speeds, which I commute on. They both weigh right around 15lbs withoug seatbags, bottles, and Garmin, but with pedals. The geared FM028 is a 'Frankenbike' I use to test group compatibility. In this picture it has Campy Centaur 10 speed shifters with a SRAM Red 10 speed rear derailleur and Dura Ace 7900 cassette. Front derailleur is Chorus. Cranks are older Record square taper. Drivetrain shifts just fine. Not sure of the weight on this one.

Very respectfully, Tim
Attachments
FM015 Single Speed (small).jpg
FM028 Geared (small).jpg
FM028 Single Speed (small).jpg

mrwirey

by mrwirey

Hello,
Here is my 2010 BMC SLX01. I need to remove some spacers from under the stem, but otherwise...sweet bike. I had a creaking seatpost issue when I first got her, which was a bitch to solve, but now she runs smooth and quiet. If she has one fault it's her short chainstays, which don't like when I crosschain. Fun to ride and look at.

Very respectfully, Tim
Attachments
BMC SLX01 SR Ti (small).jpg

mrwirey

by mrwirey

I'm back. This is my 2011 Ridley Damocles. Size M. Campagnolo Super Record 11. Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Two-Way Fit. Ritchey WCS cockpit. Look Keo Blade Ti pedals. Selle Italia Kit Carbonio. This bike is very confidence inspiring and sprints like a Cheetah. It is very fun to ride.

Very respectfully, Tim
Attachments
2010 Ridley Damocles.jpg

mrwirey

by mrwirey

Hello,

This is my 2003 Casati Laser. I really enjoy this bike. It is one of my go to bikes for long recovery rides. It is a rock solid handler, which eats up the miles. The frame is brazed and looks so smooth many people mistake it for carbon. The frame has exquisite details such as internal cable routing and a hidden seat binder. It has one of my favorite all time groups; Campagnolo record 10 speed. It is not particularly light, but I have other bikes for that...

Very respectfully, Tim
Attachments
2003 Casati Laser (steel is real).jpg

gravity

by gravity

23 is one too many Mr Wirey.

But you're very fortunate that I have a solution to your bike problem; I'll PM you my home address :lol:

thegunner

by thegunner

goddamn. this is incredible.

odin99

by odin99

please adopt me.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Doyler wrote:I don't subscribe to many threads, but this could be a good one :)

I'm waiting for the haters to arrive...

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

more...more...

Brilliant! 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com