Isaac Impulse

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Krull

by Krull

Nelus wrote:.......and the wost of all: my espresso machine stopped. .......

absolute nightmare: getting out of bed, early in them morning, looking gladly forward to the first espresso....and the machine suddenly does not work any more-awful! :wink:

Nelus

by Nelus

Finally had some time. Here are some pic's of the re-sprayed crankset. Decided to go back on the fsa k force stem and bar combo. I think the thicknees of the fsa suits the bike beter then the tune one. I had some troubles with numbness but I think I resolve that.

Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nelus

by Nelus

Done some weighing.

Tune geiles teil 120 Including tita bolts

Fsa k force full carbon 120 Nice but way to heavy

Cleaned up and come across this. Completely forgot that I had one. Now sanded and its gonna be resprayed in gloss black to match the crankset and frame. Still have to get some tita bolts. Weight is without bolts. It's a frm webstem 32 120

As soon as its resprayed will post some new pictures.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

Nelus

by Nelus

Allready pictured with tita bolt. Could somebody explain the topcap. It's an Isaac and it comes with a lot of load under it. I think it was ment for stiffness? Correct? I'm thinking of replacing it with a much more lighter one. Good idea?

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The numbness in your hands might be an indication that your position is off - perhaps too low, especially if those K Force bars work for you better (they are raised and wider on the top, effectively raising your position and spreading pressure across your hands.

Nelus

by Nelus

Stolichnaya wrote:The numbness in your hands might be an indication that your position is off - perhaps too low, especially if those K Force bars work for you better (they are raised and wider on the top, effectively raising your position and spreading pressure across your hands.

Thanks for sharing thoughts.

I now ride with the modolo bar. No problems at all. And the k force normally should fit better but they made my hands feel numb. The problem is that if I mount my levers,on the fsa, you get a sort of ditch. The ditch made my hands nerveous. I couldn't find the right position and kept changing and eventually made my hands feel numb The bars don't flow into my levers. If I use the the modolo bar, the bar flows into the levers and therefor I can rest my hands. Also the modolo bars weigh somewhere around 80 grams lighther. And the modolo bars have a less far reach. Which fits me beter. But lighter is less important then numb hands.

Im going to go with the modolo bar and frm stem. Now looking for a expander plug. Thinking about the frm team. Any good for a big boy? Weighs around 20 gr. That is even less then my topcap now. Anbody other suggestions?

Any isaac experts on my question above about the big top cap?

Nelus

by Nelus

Thanks for the tip.

Another question. Came across a article about problems with full carbon forks and their expanders. When I was lloking for a new expander. There has been a recall. Does anybody here had these problems? I've you had it replaced what was the difference with the first one? I,m sure its conserns my bike because its a 2007 frame with a full carbon frame.

As a precautionary safety measure, all Isaac forks must be returned to an Isaac dealer to be checked before further use, and fork expanders must be exchanged.

22.12.08: This Isaac Voluntary Service Recall is a precautionary measure to ensure full compatibility between fork steerers, fork expanders and handlebar stems, so that safety in this critical interface can be fully optimized. It is also an opportunity to present appropriate information that promotes correct assembly, which will help to reduce the likelihood of any potential problems due to incompatible components or methods being used. A further aspect of the recall is that the condition and wall thickness of all Isaac carbon fork steerers will be checked, allowing any damaged or dimensionally incorrect forks to be replaced. Please return your Isaac bicycle to a dealer before further use, so that the necessary checks can be made. Isaac takes safety seriously, and this precautionary measure has been implemented in order to provide full confidence to Isaac riders. Please follow the links to instructions and further information relating to this matter.

Nelus

by Nelus

Got some crappy pictures and some new parts. I will take some beter pictures. Got some new bar tape and thought I post it because i didn't see it around that mucht. its the supacaz tape. I haven't got a verdict. only done 50 k with it. It defenatly is sticky as suggested.
Also got a new set of pedals. Time expresso 8. Like them so far.
Still looking for a ligther stem and a all black sadle.