Isaac Impulse

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nelus

by Nelus

Hello,

Introduced my Isaac in a other topic. Decided to lighten it up a bit as budget as possible.
It started like this:

Then became this:

And now looks like this:

and still under construction.

Updates:
Sram red brakes,shifters and f+r der. Al logo's sanded away and resprayed. It was a dameged set 285 euro
Modolo kx carbon bar 44cm 25 euro
Tune geiles teil Isaac 50 euro
Seat post clamp carbon 9 gr 15 euro.
Parts were funded by selling old parts

Still got this planned:

A fsa zeus cranck. I know, not the lighthest but I think it will look good. Polished the spider. So if I had hair .......

Sanding and polishing made it look like this:

Going to do the same with these:

Allready have them de-anodised. Maybe replace the bearings with ceramic bearings

Planning updates:
Fizik antares braided. Got one allready but I don't like the white in it. It´s going to be completly black

I know this is weight weenies and you all won't to know what the weight is. Don't know yet. This because all money is going in updates which I know are lighter then the parts they replace. I've I got some spare money I will buy a scale. Or I might go to a LBS with a scale once it is finished.

Building list as shown in last Photo:
Isaac impulse 57 incl. isaac seatpost and fsa carbon headset.
Tune geiles teil 12 cm Isaac. Replaced bolts with titanium ones.
Modolo kx carbon 44cm
Carbon seat post clamp
Fizik antares
Sram s 27 all comp. Vredestein fortezza.
Sram 1070 cas.
Sram red f+R der, shifters and brakes
Lizard skins 2.5 bartape
Tacx tao light
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

jbaillie

by jbaillie

What are the wheelsets in each picture?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nelus

by Nelus

jbaillie wrote:What are the wheelsets in each picture?

Fulcrum racing 7 Which I sold
Chinees carbon 50mm novatec hub full carbon clincher. Re spoked. Don't know more then this. Got them for € 200.00. This wheelset I use in the summer or nice wheather. I still own this one.
Last Pic Sram s27 all comp.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Sweet ride, pre-bankrupt Isaac was definitely ahead of it's time. What was the stem in the 2nd pic? That's actually my fav.

Krull

by Krull

the zeus-crankset should go great with your Isaac, very curious about some more pics.
i agree with ultyguy concerning the stem. of course the tune-stem is the obvious choice for an Isaac.

may i ask, how tall you are? the saddle-hight is really impressive!

Nelus

by Nelus

Thanks will post some other pictures soon when the crankset and carbon wheels are installed. I also liked the look of the other stem. Its's à fsa k force. It looked good with the k wng. But my hands felt numb because of the k wing. And the cap of the stem had some cracks in it. And I thought the same about Isaac and the tune combo. It came across and just had to have it. Really pleased with the modolo bar. No more numb hands. And light for a very good price
And my hight is 190 cm. It is still not the max for the seatpost. And no back problems.
Still can't decide what chainwheels to put on the crank any suggestions? I've got some fsa black who came with the crank. Thinking on sandblasting and polishing.
Last edited by Nelus on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nelus

by Nelus

My english is better then my autocorrect I pad suggests. Corrected it on my computer. Yesterday some carbon bottle cages came in. There branded pro but look like...... Will post some pictures. Also these will be de-logo'd.

Krull

by Krull

Nelus wrote:And my hight is 190 cm. It is still not the max for the seatpost. And no back problems.

ah, i see. i am 173 cm. i ride an isaac from the same mould (sonic 06/07), size 51, it looks like a dwarf´s bike, compared to yours.

Nelus

by Nelus

Got a set of new bottle cages. Broke one of my tacx tao light.
Came in looking like this:

Sanded:

Re spray and mounted:

Got a question. I've got a fizik antares carbon braided. Which has a little play in the area as pictured. Normally there is dot of some kind op glue. Because of the play I removed the glue. I'm now looking to glue it once again. What kind of glue could/should i use? It should glue carbon and plastic together.

Nelus

by Nelus

Got a question. I've got a fizik antares carbon braided. Which has a little play in the area as pictured. Normally there is a dot of some kind op glue. Because of the play I removed the glue. I'm now looking to glue it once again. What kind of glue could/should i use? It should glue carbon and plastic together.
Image[/quote]

Anybody? What kind of glue to use? :noidea: :?:

legs 11

by legs 11

I'd go with a little bit of silicone. It'll be flexible enough to not crack.
Or, alternatively there is a high solids adhesive that has a small amount of flexibility made by a firm called Sika called 221. This stuff is fantastic for jobs like that, and it's available in Black as well.
http://www.sealantsonline.co.uk/product ... m=products
Be careful not to get any on your hands though, it takes weeks for it to come off as it sticks like baby poo to a blanket...lol.
Pedalling Law Student.

Nelus

by Nelus

Thanks. I will have a look. I will keep in my thoughts not to get it on my hands. I always try. :D

JLFast

by JLFast

Looks really great! Would enjoy seeing updated photos with your polished parts installed.

Nelus

by Nelus

Updates are coming. Been very busy working. I had to because it was a finacialy though period. Car broke down, tv stopped and the wost of all: my espresso machine stopped. On top there were some blue enveloppes which weren't in my favour ( in the Netherlands this means taxes have a bill to collect.)
But my saddle got glued. Now looking to have it re done in all black. Got new bearings: enduro and ordered chainrings. Got some issues with the chainrings because wrong ones were deliverd. The spider has been resprayed. I liked the polished effect but couldn't find chainrings that matched and looked nice. The spider is now sprayed glossy black. The chainrings that are ordered are also going to be black. As soon as everything is in I will mount and take some new pictures.
I hope updates within a week.

Nelus

by Nelus

Oh forgot to say that most of the bolts got replaced for titanium ones.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com