My first carbon bike please help me weight save

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

neilg7777

by neilg7777

Hi all bought my first Carbon bike after riding my Felt z95 for over a year. The Felt is a nice bike so keeping it as my bad weather bike. Please can you have a look at my pictures and try and identify some parts as I want to lower the weight a little. I have put some new Fulcrum 5's on as the wheels which came with the bike were lighter but not much life left in them. I plan on getting lighter wheels next year and the Felt will get the Fulcrums.
Anyway here are the pics, Its a Peddle force build with Ultegra SL thats all I no lol. I have changed the skewers for light weight ones and the bike weighs 7.4kg was 7.1kg with old ES wheels

Brakes ? 148 grams each
Handlebars ? K-Wing which year

Stem I added for correct reach 136 grams

Thanks any info on the parts appreciated

Cheers Neil

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hi Neil,

Welcome to Weight Weenies!
:welcome:

Your best bet, overall, is to stick around and do a lot of searching and reading of threads as they come up. You'll then learn about things, weights, and compatibilities much more thoroughly than us simply giving you a list.

But to start off, please tell us your available budget and weight goal. The type of riding you do may also help, as well as your own (current) weight, as some parts may have weight restrictions. We may be able to provide starting points based off of your answers.

Thanks!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

neilg7777

by neilg7777

Thanks for the reply. I am 5ft 7inch and weight 70kg, I ride 100 mile sportives done 7 this my first year and do club runs of 30-50 miles. My budget well there is not one lol I will buy parts as they come up and if I have the spare money like this month bought the wheels and new shoes also planet x brakes. I have done a lot of searching but cant find alot about the brakes on the bike
Hope this helps thanks Neil