My road disc project, CX frame + Campag + TRP HY/DR brakes

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Miller

by Miller

A brief update on this bike. I converted the wheels to tubeless with Hutch Fusion 3s.

But one morning in early May a sidewall cut on the front tyre led to rapid deflation at speed and I had to bail out into a soft verge. I was ok but the handlebars had whacked the top tube and it looked like this.

Ouch. I sent it off to fibrelyte.co.uk and it came back nicely repaired, not invisible but quite discreet.

Someone in this thread recommended Lizard Skins bartape. It's very soft and grippy.

The bike is rebuilt and I'm very glad to have it back.

pushstart

by pushstart

Glad you were ok and bike is all better. Still running Fusion 3s? Tape looks great. How well does the lizard skin tape cleanup/stay clean? I want the orange tape for my commuter but the red Arundel gecko grip tape I have on now has gotten pretty dirty, so I maybe should switch back to black ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

The tape is still very new so can't say for sure but with 100 miles on it I can see signs of grime already. I suspect the tacky surface may be a dirt magnet. I'm not convinced bar tape needs to be so sticky but it is very comfortable.

Yes, still with the Fusion3. Disappointed slightly that tubeless is not a magic bullet against all possible deflation scenarios but the tyres are grippy and roll well.

alexg121

by alexg121

Hi,

I know I'm digging up an old post but I am building up a disc cross bike using campy Chorus and the Hy/RD brakes. I was wondering what type of cable housing you used and what type of rotors you used? I heard that going with Magura rotors greatly reduced the lever throw.

Miller

by Miller

See my post with the photos on p2 of this thread, it's Goodridge brake housing.

I am using the rotors that came stock with the brakes. Must say it had not occurred to me that different rotors could affect the lever throw?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

I have the Miracle version of this frame. After revisiting this thread, I'm horrified to see that crack you experienced in the top tube!

My Umlenker has been going strong for two years with a Dura Ace 7700 derailleur. Year-round fendered rain bike for me. If anything a bit overbuilt for my purposes.