Fuji Altamira now Stealth

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

edroc73rp

by edroc73rp

The Altamira is now stealth black. :twisted:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was slowly migrating to Dura-ace 9000 from 7900 when the 6870 suddenly became available. To be honest when I tried the 9000, 11 speed didn't really blow me away but I did love the ease and trimming capabilities of the front shifting. With the 7900 the shifting was smooth and precise but there was still the regular tuning and that was a bigger concern when i decided to upgrade. The fact that I can upgrade the parts of the 6870 to 9070 is a big plus, but to be honest I don't really see that happening.

Weight is up to 16lbs. I also got a pair of C24's to replace my 10 speed RS80's.

Switched from the CAAD10 primarily for fit reasons, size 50 was a bit too big. The Altamira is a totally different animal. First of all and primarily because with the smaller size, I have a shorter top tube added with a seatpost that has less slack which allows me to adjust better for the right fit. Secondly, as good as the CAAD10 is in being un-aluminum like in absorbing road vibration, the Altamira being full carbon is just so much better. In terms of ride, I can't say anything bad about the CAAD10 - it is stiff yet compliant and gives a well balanced ride for any terrain. If the EVO was within my reach, it would be the natural progression. Having said that the Altamira is a better climbing bike. It is lighter (940g frame), and more nimble. It suits my regular ride better with our mountainous terrain.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Frame: Fuji Altamira Size S (51.5cm TT)
Headset: Cane Creek IS42
Stem: Deda SC Zero 100 100mm
Handlebar: Zipp SC SSR Size 42 Aluminum
Bartape: Fizik
Saddle: Fizik Antrares Carbon Braided
Seatpost: Fizik Cyrano Carbon
Shifters: DA7900
Crankset: DA 9000 52/36
Front Derailleur: Ultegra 6700
Rear Derailleur: DA 7900
Cassette: SRAM PG 1070 11-28
Chain: SRAM
Brake Calipers: DA 9000
Wheelset: Shimano RS-80
Tires: Continental GP Force/Attack
Skewers: KCNC Ti
Pedals: Look Keo Blade

Was at 15.4lbs before i switched from carbon bars to the aluminum Zipp (with bottle cage, pedals, computer). Im currently in the middle of migrating to DA9000, so far no problems with the mix. Just love the 9000 brakes.

From my old CAAD10 post:
First post! :D Finally got to set it up well enough to ride on but certainly not a WW Caad10 yet by far (compared to the many previously posted here). While I don't know how much more I'm willing to invest in this frame WW-wise, I do like how it fits me right now, and how well it scales up with my riding (I've just started riding a bit more seriously). I do see upgrading to a carbon seatpost, lighter wheelset and possibly pedals in the near future and in that order. Beyond that I'd probably try to lose some of my own weight first (targeting around 5-10lbs less) and then start a new setup with a full carbon frame already.

Frame: Cannondale CAAD10 Size 50
Fork: Cannondale CAAD10
Headset: Cane Creek IS42 w/ 10mm Carbon Spacer
Stem: Deda SC Zero 100 100mm
Handlebar: Control tech Razoredge 44cm
Bartape: 3T
Saddle: Fizik Kurve Chameleon
Seatpost: Thomson Elite 27.2 x 300mm
Shifters: SRAM Rival
Crankset: SRAM Force 50/34
Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival
Cassette: SRAM PG 1070 11-28
Chain: SRAM
Brake Calipers: SRAM Rival
Wheelset: Mavic Aksium
Tires: Bontrager XXX Lite
Skewers: KCNC Ti
Pedals: Shimano PD R600

Present weight is still at a dismal 17.5 lbs. :oops: but it does give me something to look forward to.
*Updated with clearer picture.
Last edited by edroc73rp on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:56 am, edited 7 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Very sharp stock kit! You can save some money on the carbon frame as you have one of the best framesets dollars for dollar you can buy! :beerchug:

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

A) :welcome:

B) Nice CAAD10.

C) How do you find the saddle to be?

edroc73rp

by edroc73rp

Updated with RS80 wheelset. Now at 16.6lbs. Looking at Keo Blades and carbon seatpost for my next upgrades.

edroc73rp

by edroc73rp

Updated, upgraded to the Fuji Altamira, Dura-ace. :)

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Looks great man....even if it looks a bit Livestrong-ish :grin:
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

53x12

by 53x12

btompkins0112 wrote:Very sharp stock kit! You can save some money on the carbon frame as you have one of the best framesets dollars for dollar you can buy! :beerchug:

I guess you can say that twice now. :thumbup:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Sure can! Nice move going from the CAAD to the Altamira.....one of the most underrated carbon frames IMO.

53x12

by 53x12

Yes I have been impressed with what I have read about the new Altamira. Seems like a very solid frame. Does Fuji sell frameset only? If they do how much can you get one for?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

edroc73rp

by edroc73rp

Now with UDi2 6870. Still haven't ridden it though, the biggest storm of the year is right on top of us. :(

edroc73rp

by edroc73rp

I've thought about doing the stealth thing for a while, finally got to doing it and the results are better than I thought.

First ride impressions on the new components. First the on the 6870 Di2, electronic shifting is everything i hoped it would be and more. Shifting when you want it, where you want it. I double check sometimes only because the click on the shifters is so subtle and smooth you barely notice it, I'm still getting used to the buttons.

I did not expect the 11-speed change to have as much effect but I was surprised to find the smoother transition between gears actually resulted in a more fluid pedalling especially in gradient changes.

The 9000 C24s are significantly better than the RS-80s. I know they say it's the same rims on different hubs, but if that's the case the Dura-ace hubs are so much better then. The ride is significantly smoother. Also they are stiffer, noticeable when standing up on climbs I don't bounce around anymore. I'm comparing wheels of different levels and series so I suppose the improvements are to be expected.

All in all a worthy upgrade from the 7900 series, I'm still a bit bothered with the weight gain though. Looking at possibly the cassette, chain and the handlebar... and oh yeah the seatpost battery. How much weight exactly is lost with that $200 upgrade?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com