CAAD10 - Force 22

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BrianVarick

by BrianVarick

^is that weight with the original wheels?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

It was 18lbs with the original wheels and brakes.

Lost 2lbs (about 900 grams) swapping to Force 22 and my XR19w wheels. I was going to use the PX brakes, but I am going to try out the Force brakes to see if I like them.

I also just ordered a C1 stem and seatpost which should net me roughly 60 grams for about $80......my goal for this build is 6.8kg so going to look for creative ways to achieve this without using exotic components. By my reckoning I should be half way there or more after the crank and stem/post swap. If I am a bit short I will go for a saddle upgrade.....I think I may like this shape so may go for the upgraded version of the same saddle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

First ride last night and I am very please with the bike. Many compliments from the group on the aesthetics of the frame/group and overall color coordination (which we all know is of the utmost importance :wink:). The ride brought back memories of my last CAAD 10, but it almost seemed to ride smoother....not sure what changes that Cdale made to the frame from 2011 to 2013, but it felt like the vibration damping was improved. A little bit of weight loss (on me and the bike!) would be welcome; however, I PR'd a segment even with the extra weight (probably new bike exuberance). Hopefully the Force 22 cranks and the new stem/post will come in this weekend and will get some updated pics of the "final build". :beerchug:

53x12

by 53x12

Happy to hear everything seems to be working and you are happy with it so far. Try to keep this ride for a little while this time. :)

Any thoughts on Force22 vs DA9000? Or not enough time on Force22?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

We will see :wink:

As far as the Force/DA.....there is no doubt that 9k is much smoother in operation. The lever throw is much less for the front mech; however the front shifting on the Force 22 is pretty darn good tbh. I will give myself the credit in setup that the rear runs quiet and shifts well.

mrtrinh

by mrtrinh

Beautiful build! How does the new Force 22 compare to Red? New force 22 is suppose to be the old red but at a better price.

rijndael

by rijndael

mrtrinh wrote:New force 22 is suppose to be the old red but at a better price.
Except that Force now has 1 more speed than old Red/2012, so it's different.

Chello

by Chello

Force 22 and Red 22 are functionally the same.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Got the crank on.....the NDS looks funky, but the crank is centered, chainline is perfect and there is no perceivable play so I guess it is correct since I followed the directions to a T. I had to use the thick spacer on the drive side since the crank is BB30 + PF30. Have a 50 mile group ride in the morning so I hope it holds up!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So what's up with the fire sale, dude?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Just selling the group that came with the bike and two cranks that I was considering using for the build. I bit the bullet and purchased a Hollowgram crank that should be coming in soon, so trying to recoup some funds. :wink:

CaptainP

by CaptainP

btompkins0112 wrote:Just selling the group that came with the bike and two cranks that I was considering using for the build. I bit the bullet and purchased a Hollowgram crank that should be coming in soon, so trying to recoup some funds. :wink:

As I had read half the text i was like "No, no, no, don't keep the FSA cranks!" But then... Hollowgrams :thumbup: .

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Got the upgraded C1 stem/seatpost

Lost a good bit of weight there. It is the 250mm post, but to get the right saddle height I needed to ignore the minimum insertion line by ~5mm or so.....should be ok, right? :noidea: It appears that the post still extends below the TT junction.

Had to go to a 110mm stem over the 100mm that came on the bike, weight stayed the same so I call that a win!
Last edited by btompkins0112 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Which Hollogram version did you end up going with.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."