2013 Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dvdslw

by dvdslw

Tahitoa wrote:I love my bike, but I would like to get rid of the gold. I don't think the gold decals can be removed and I'm considering buying white decals. However, I think it would look tacky.

I also have the 2013 Black Inc. and the gold decals do come off easily. I removed the small ones located on the rear just above the cassette because they had chipped due to the way I was transporting the bike. I used lacquer thinner and a washcloth to gently rub the gold off. I have also removed the white decals from the seat post, bar, and stem using the same technique. I find that keeping the washcloth extra wet with the thinner removes it fast a using light pressure and doesn't affect the base (black) finish. I wasn't a big fan of the Gold when I first got the bike and would still prefer a different color or no color at all but the closeout deals on these Black Inc's were too good to pass up and it turned out to be an awesome bike. If you should decide to try this technique using the lacquer thinner, start with the components to get a feel for how much pressure is needed to remove the decals to gain the confidence to tackle the gold and wear some rubber gloves because that stuff is nasty and absorbs right into your skin.