2013 Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Bought a CAAD10 Black Inc Di2 on closeout. Too darn good of a deal for me to walk away from. Darn those Cannondale end of season sales. :mrgreen: Should hopefully have it at home this upcoming week.

Hallowgram cranks powder coated black and already at LBS:

The rest of the build:

Still some room to save a little weight. Like using the Evo SI expanding compression wedge for $32 that would save ~35g over the stock one that comes with the CAAD10. There are a few other minor things I could do, but I think I will be happy around 6.8kg. Might be a few other minor changes I want to make over time once I ride it and see what I would like to change out.

Last edited by 53x12 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Can't wait to see this finished!

Nebby

by Nebby

How much did you pay? Lbs here is slowly lowering their price and I might upgrade from my 2012 caad10. Would be nice to hear what others are getting theirs for :)

Looks like you have a nice build planned. Looking forward to pics!

53x12

by 53x12

Nebby, my bike shop ordered it from Cannondale as they didn't have my size in stock. Got it for $2500. Which seems like a decent enough deal.

I'll post up more pictures when I get it. But for the most part I think they build will be as mentioned above.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Size 54.

Bike should look pretty sweet once done. Hopefully it all comes together in real life as I have planned in my head. ;)

theosaurus

by theosaurus

53x12 wrote:Size 54.
Hopefully it all comes together in real life as I have planned in my head.

I hope so too!
should be a nice one
yes, but how much does it weigh?

53x12

by 53x12

Should have the bike for pickup tomorrow or the day after. Just waiting to have a couple of things done with the Di2 system as I'm getting rid of the stock setup and doing the internal battery mod.

Just a tease. Will have better pictures once I get it. Just a quick shot with the camera phone.

I'm selling the wheels, so dork disc will come off when I sell the wheels. Need to have him flip the stem and cut some of the steer tube down. Also need to peel the Cannondale stickers off once I get it home.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Nice! Can't wait until mine comes in.....can't believe the killer deal we got on these. Looking good!

53x12

by 53x12

Definitely bt. I'm happy you were able to jump on it as well. Not sure anything else beats the CAAD10 for its price, especially when you factor in season closeout discounts.

Anyone have experience with the Fizik Arionne saddle? I haven't and I'm planning on giving it a try as I like the way it matches the rest of the bike with the gold.

Not sure if there is anything else I should swap out on the bike. I plan on giving the Cannondale C1 stem and handlebar a chance as the weight aren't 'too' bad at 366g combined. I know that is a place where I could easily drop 60-70g, but not sure I really feel like it at this point. I don't know. I am also thinking about keeping an eye out for a good deal on some Praxis Works chainrings. I think that would be a decent upgrade as the FSA chainrings I have on the Hollowgrams were just meant to serve as an interim fix until I found some long term replacement. The FSA's got a little bit of a rattle can experience to help it match the frame better. They look ok, but the final finish isn't up to my quality control. ;)

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I would just acetone the decals off of the stem, bars and seatpost. That is my plan when mine gets built up.....The C3 aluminum bars, stem and seatpost are actually pretty decent weights for stock kit. The seatpost is the heavy bit, and I will probably put on a de-badged 3T I have laying around at the house.

53x12

by 53x12

Wow wow wow. That is all that I can say right now. Picked it up this evening. Lighting won't do the bike justice right now so I will need to wait until tomorrow and see if I can get a good shot.

austke

by austke

I have the same seat. And it has managed to work out over the last 6 montths. So I have decided to keep it and not swap it out. :)
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

53x12

by 53x12

^ I agree the saddle is actually nice. I road it in the shop parking lot when I picked it up with just my regular shorts on. Felt very comfy. With sme bibs on it should feel even better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

btompkins0112 wrote:I would just acetone the decals off of the stem, bars and seatpost. That is my plan when mine gets built up.....The C3 aluminum bars, stem and seatpost are actually pretty decent weights for stock kit. The seatpost is the heavy bit, and I will probably put on a de-badged 3T I have laying around at the house.

I agree the Cannondale C1 parts aren't too bad. I have the KCNC seatpost already from my CAAD9 that I will move over. I'll keep the C1 bars and stem as I'm not sure I want to spend the coin to upgrade right now. Maybe one day if I find a great discount. I will definitely do the acetone to the stem. Not sure about the bars yet.