2013 Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Got home and threw the Fizik Cyrano Carbon post I had on. I think it looks much better, even if I gain ~50-60g in the process. I'll use the KCNC on my Look build, so it will be put to use.

I have the Praxis Works rings that are suppose to come in sometime this week. Also need to order a Cannondale Evo SI Expanding Compression Wedge. That will save me 36g for ~$35. After that, I think this build will be done.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes! That looks awesome. I also ordered the SI expander from Cannondale Experts. Really nice work on this build my friend....really classy.

Do you recall the weight on the C1 seatpost?

:beerchug:

53x12

by 53x12

Thanks btompkins, I appreciate it. The Fizik post looks much nicer than the KCNC on this build and just matches everything better. Plus it matches the Fizik saddle. I look forward to you getting your CAAD10 setup in the upcoming weeks. :thumbup:

The C1 post I had was a 27.2x250mm and came in at 215g. I have seen weights listed from others online in the 212g to 218g range.

I am also thinking that maybe I'll get some Ti bolts for the stem. Drop a few grams at not much of a cost.

Is your CAAD10 coming with the C2 or C3 cockpit?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Mines coming with the C3. Actually was wondering if you still had the C1 post....I would take it off your hands if you did. The C3 stem and bar aren't terribly heavy but the C3 post is a beast, was thinking of going all C1 since it would be cheap and relatively light.

I am picking mine up from the LBS tomorrow......was going to have to wait on them to build it up, but I told them not to take it out of the box. Don't trust them to build it up right.

53x12

by 53x12

Just a few shots from outside my LBS with the mural on the side of the shop of the local cycling club when it started in 1895.

The Fizik post looks so much better than the KCNC, so I am happy I made that swap.

liketoride

by liketoride

what a cool bike shop, and your bike looks great.

53x12

by 53x12

Thanks guys for all the compliments.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

That ride is screaming out for some Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Golds.

edit- out of interest, what's your position set up?

ronderman

by ronderman

OK have had more Dale frames than most people - going back to circa 1992 and the 2.8 (ah, that's before any CAAD frame).

Got a CAAD 10 frame and after checking it out never even built it up - looked like junk and the welds were beyond horrible.

Yours - specifically the black inc - is the only one I would consider. I hope Dale, for their sake, makes more like this.

Oh, and agree, put some shamals on their and you will be the coolest.

igotyofire

by igotyofire

The photos of your bike is probably one of the many reasons I picked up a leftover 2013 Blk Inc a few weeks back! So far the CAAD10 is impressive! and this aluminum bike is lighter then my carbon bike....eh!

Miller76

by Miller76

53x12

by 53x12

It has been awhile since I have been on WW. Figured I would update the thread. Updated the chainrings to Praxis Works. I was thinking about going with the Cannondale SpideRing, but decided that the performance of the Praxis Works was more important to be on this build than saving grams. Been super super happy with the shift performance of the Praxis chainrings. Couldn't be happier.

Also upgraded to the Garmin Vector pedals. I had a Cannondale Hollowgram SRM that I was able to sell and subsidize the Vectors. Have a buddy that works for Garmin so he was able to get me the pedals for a good price. The Vectors are by far the best power meter I have used. Super happy with it over the past 5 months.

I also got rid of the decals on the stem this evening. Helps immensely with the look in person. Didn't get a shot of it outside with out the decals on the stem, but hope to do that in a few days.

Still really happy with the bike and happy I went with the Black Inc. version. By far my favorite CAAD10 color scheme. :)

Just an indoor picture this evening after I finished with the stem.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

What a beautiful build. Might be my favorite CAAD10 on here. Nicely done!

53x12

by 53x12

@ahillock, thanks for the nice comment. I am happy with how it turned out. Happy you like it as well. Sure is a fun bike to ride.

Not sure if I will be doing much more work on this bike. Basically perfect as it is. Still working on my flexibility, but hope to continue dropping the front end down. Other than that, I will most likely leave it as is. I was thinking of possibly adding the Evo SI expanding compression wedge + top cap as that would drop weight easily.

Otherwise I am very happy with this ride. Di2 is great, although I still like mechanical.

When I get some nice weather here, I'll go get some nice shots again of the bike. Been overcast and rainy here for some time now.

Tahitoa

by Tahitoa

Sorry for bringing back an old post.

Recently bought a 2013 Black Inc. What a bike.

53x12, what did you use to remove the decals? Acetone?

I also really like what you did with the front junction box. Mine is still stock and is attached with tie wraps to the front break cables.

I love my bike, but I would like to get rid of the gold. I don't think the gold decals can be removed and I'm considering buying white decals. However, I think it would look tacky.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com