Newbie with a 2016 Kestrel Talon

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

seanmolin

by seanmolin

Hello! Brand new to the world of serious cycling. I'll probably spend the next year just becoming faster and stronger, but knowing my personality I'll become obsessed with grams and want to do some sort of competing. Part of me is afraid that, at 30 years old (next week), I'm too late to the game. :-(

After about 6 weeks I've got my Kestrel Talon down to about 8.4kg, but I haven't attacked the wheels yet.

McGilli

by McGilli

Post some more pictures once you've had a fitting performed on the bike - will be curious to see the changes...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seanmolin

by seanmolin

McGilli wrote:...once you've had a fitting performed on the bike.

I made some initial "out of the box" measurements myself so I can compare them to the end, but I'm trying to DIY my fit as much as possible to start. I know, ultimately, it's no substitute for the real deal, but I really enjoy immersing myself in a discipline and becoming as much as an expert as possible. I want to eventually get a fitting and see how close I got.

I'm also trying to do as much maintenance at home as possible, too.

RoadBikeStudio

by RoadBikeStudio

Nice bike. Def post more pics as you go and happy modding!

KarlC

by KarlC

seanmolin wrote:........Part of me is afraid that, at 30 years old (next week), I'm too late to the game. :-(

I just started last year at 50, got myself off the couch and on a used fat slow bike, within a few months I got a used light fast bike and lost 20lbs.

Its never to late
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12