my 4th systemsix!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

I just got this one. I road on this team so it is pretty cool I got an old team bike that is my size.

kgt

by kgt

If one offered me an original systemsix and a new, 2019 systemsix I would go for the original one, no doubt.

upside

by upside

I to have had a affair off and on with this great frame for the last decade. In that time I have owned a dozen or so high end frames. This past winter I found a NOS System Six and built it out with Sram Red and hand built some new Mavic Open Pro UST's
It is a pleasure not to fiddle with internal cables any longer which I feel is a joke anyway. This bike just handle great and USA made. The welds are uber smooth and non of the problems some of the new EVO's have had.
Never selling this one!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

toshi

by toshi

Anyone still riding the 1st gen System Six? How does it hold up in 2021, from a ride quality standpoint? Can 25mm tires fit on wider rims?

fa63

by fa63

I can't comment on ride quality compared to the current version as I have never ridden the new one. The tire clearance in the back is fine (I ran 25c Conti GP4KSII on HED Belgium+ rims) but the fork is tight and I had to size down to a 23c there.

toshi

by toshi

Thanks fa63!! If anyone else has insight into the ride quality of this frame, i'd appreciate it.

12x23

by 12x23

Been off/on on lookout for a 58cm original in the burnished aluminum finish for years. Gotta be pristine like those in the photos. Tried to buy one off a stranger in a group ride 9-10 years ago - knew what he had and only smiled. Know a retired pro who told me a few years ago the originals are a keeper. Just hell finding one - lol.

kenz76

by kenz76

toshi wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Anyone still riding the 1st gen System Six? How does it hold up in 2021, from a ride quality standpoint? Can 25mm tires fit on wider rims?
I ride 2006 SystemSIX (bare alu-carbon), size 54 with Conti Sprinter 25mm tubulars, had to sand the rear brake (SRAM Force 1.gen) a bit... :D :D
The bike still rides pretty fine. :twisted:

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Still one of my most beloved bikes ever!
Attachments
2008_System6_65.JPG
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Got this incoming soon - nearly NOS 2008 SystemSix with original fat stem and a threaded BSA BB:

I have a set of Zipp 202 tubbies on the way (same era as pictured) and some black edition SRAM Red 10spd kit landed with me today. Initially I'll run a set of blacked out Rotor 3D24 cranks on it whilst I'm deciding what to use longer term.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

And here's that ^^ bike built:

Here's a thread about it.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Poor pic for you rich

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

fa63 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:10 pm
I can't comment on ride quality compared to the current version as I have never ridden the new one. The tire clearance in the back is fine (I ran 25c Conti GP4KSII on HED Belgium+ rims) but the fork is tight and I had to size down to a 23c there.
I've just discovered that mine (2008) will accept 27c Challenge Strada Pro tubulars on FSE 25mm rims under original SRAM Red brakes. Given what an amazing ride this is on 23mm tubs, this excites me!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com