Steel is real... reborn of FORT Columbus Ultracofo under 7 ?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tjk

by tjk

Hi guys
Since I torn apart Storck and basicly building new bike... I´d like to have it in separate topic and think it deserves it! :-) (please don´t kill me if you don´t think so :-D) ... what I get in my hands is fres and awesome brazed 56 size FORT road frame from Columbus Ultrafoco tubing... with headset it has 1745g... it all started as just change the old frame for new one and rebuilding it on the same parts.. but as you know... you start with something on your ming and it turns into something else in just few seconds :-D... so I have this idiotic idea to get it under 7kg and I hope I can make it :-)) .. build list is below.. I´m basicly waiting for new wheels and than it should be done.. for few weeks at least :-D

Frame: FORT brazed from Columbus Ultrafoco tubing 56 - 1745g with headset
Fork : Easton EC90 SLX 304g - painted to the design of the frame
Brakes: Plante X CNC Light
Saddle : Tune Speedneedle LE / 75E
Seatpost : KCNC Ti Pro Lite 27,2 400mm 165g
Stem : Tune Geilesteil 110mm + Ti Bolts 145g
Headset: FSA Integrated CF
Handlebar: Easton EC90 SLX Compact 200g
Wheels: Chinese 50mm tubular carbon rims laced with 20/24 aero butted spokes to Novate Ultralight hubs 1280g
Duals: Sram Force
Front derailleur: Sram Force
Rear derailleur: Sram Force
Crank : Sram Force 175 Compact
Pedals: Speedplay zero
Cables: Nokon + Powercodz + Liner - Black + white + red bits
Chain: KMC X10 SL Silver 228g
Cassette: Sram 1070 11-28 + Alu lockring 170g
Tyres: Tufo S3 Lite tubulars

Firs build with Xaero wheelset / old carbon bars and old EC90 SLX fork.. current setup is 7,52kg complete bike on the pic.

New EC90 SLX fork painted to match frame design compared to original one that came with the frame..
Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

- FORT Columbus Ultrafoco

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

I have the same fork on my Ti bike----nice job on the paint----the original decals are not very attractive.

Nice bike. Good luck with removing weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I agree with the decals, too much for me but I like everything else...nice bike!

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

Gee I'm sorry Wingnut and tjk----to be clear I was referring to the decals on an original Easton SLX fork and not to the bike decals.

Easton kind of made a mess of those decals and I can't see them being attractive on any bike---much less my own.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Cool project. Pretty sure the ride quality will be top notch with the Ultrafoco tubing.

gravity

by gravity

I actually like the bike with the easton fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tjk

by tjk

New seatpost finally home KCNC Ti Pro lite 27.2 ... all together with speedneedle 248g (I will maybe cut few grams off after final fitment :D ) .. goal to get this baby to 6.9kg seems to be achievable 8)

Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

- FORT Columbus Ultrafoco