Canyon CF SLX 2013 - Personal Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

robbo50

by robbo50

Waited six long months for this frameset after deciding to go down the personal build path. Had the previous model Canyon (crashed) after a Colnago and a few Cannondales and so on. Went this way as I wanted Super Record Mechanical and it was not offered in 2013 and not too keen on Mavic wheels. I wanted mechanical as I am a bit old school (riding and racing for 25+ years) and like the "feel" of gears. I know I am swimming against the tide of electronic ...

I have had Dura-Ace (excellent stuff), not fussed on SRAM (tried it but did not excite me - noisy) - went to the dark side a few years ago and now really like Campagnolo - I do my own mechanics (slowly!) and I am aware of some of the issues with Campagnolo however when well maintained I think it is hard to beat - the world just seems a better place when you are on it ..

I live in Australia so Canyon don't ship here meaning I had to get it shipped to my son in Singapore and fly there to collect. The delivery was delayed twice which was very frustrating however at least Canyon are sending a jersey, knicks and Oakleys as some compensation. Canyon can be difficult to deal with in emails etc and this was no exception. So I am glad to finally have it as it has been quite a mission.

Finished building in last couple days so please excuse poor photos - also I can't work out how to post large photos here sorry.

Frame - Canyon CF SLX 2013
Size - M
Groupset - Campagnolo Super Record (non-titanium) 50/34 and 11/25. (think I will get a 36t)
Wheels - Campagnolo Shamal Dark Label
Bars - 3T Ergonova
Stem and Post - Canyon standard
Cages - Canyon
Saddle - Fizik Arione R3 Garmin (for the colours)
Tyres - Schwalbe ZX Ultremo 25c (gone to 25s after years on GP400s 23s)
Bar Gel and Tape - Fizik (pardon the extra padding & thickness - I got smacked by a lazy driver a few years ago and now have a dodgy collarbone with plates and screws)
Garmin 510 on K-Edge mount
Weight - 6.5kg

Thanks for looking - Comments and feedback welcome. Have a good ride.
Attachments
Canyon Small 2.jpg
Canyon Small.jpg

by Weenie

sjc166

by sjc166

Nice bike Robbo. Nice and clean. As a fellow Canyon owner in Australia, i dont think you'll be sorry for choosing them. Their customer service sucks...seems to be the standard complaint about them but its forgotten once you start riding. Enjoy!

paradawt

by paradawt

Wooowww really nice job!
Cannondale Supersix '10