My Merlin Cielo Project - Open to suggestions

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

HA HO

by HA HO

Don't get me wrong - The ZG's are nice, but stick out on this bike. Again, trying to go for a complete "look" for the bike. I want to have one of the the baddest, most PIMP factored bike out there. I learned early on about the sport. If you are not on top of your game on a given day, at least look good doing it :lol: .
HA HO - AND REMEMBER LOVE YOURSELF

SDP

by SDP

absolute class build..i understand what you mean re Holistic look of the bike ..

some light bikes just don't look right but this one is spot on ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The bike is looking really good Ha. Nice job so far.

After having seen these pics, I can understand your chainring dilema. I'm starting to think perhaps Titanium.

Sparta

by Sparta

I´m abit hooked on the ram combo, how stiff are they? Ok for 90 kilo guys?
Sic transit gloria mundi

KB

by KB

According to the Cinelli website, the Ram's are graded according to length of stem. I like the Ram, but a 12cm stem gives me only 42cm width, which is no good to me. In the looks stakes HA Ho's bike is one of the nicest i've seen.

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

Looks amazing Ha Ho. Personally I find the RAM combo a bit too massive for the frail tubes and minimalist saddle/seatpost combo, but on the other hand it does match the graphics of the Bora's and Look fork very well.

Your "beater wheels" are about 300gr lighter than your race wheels btw? :shock: :lol:

divve

by divve

In my opinion go with Record calipers, when you prefer looks over weight. The 0G still look pretty good, but AX calipers would make things worse due to the bulky shape. For the same reason I'd also 86 that RAM :wink:

NGMN

by NGMN

Truly, one of my favorite looking bikes of all time. Everything goes perfectly together in my opinion. Whenever you update it feel free to post another picture(s).

HA HO

by HA HO

Okay here goes some more theory about the bike. I am not a scientist by any means, but when I pick components, there is a simple process that I go through. "Is it better?" IMHO I thought of it like this: Records were nice - ZG were lighter. Now, Orions are lighter than the ZG's. Simple "scientific" approach. Cassette Tape-Compact Disc - MP3 - Overall the Rams have been uber nice. Cinelli puts a 3 degree foward bend on the tops, so when you are holding them in your wrists, there is no award angle on your wrists. It's like an ergo keyword - you don't realize how good it is until you get your wrists on one. Anyways, I'm not a real brute on the bars, but I'm sure there plenty stiff for anyone considering them. Again, they look cool as ice. I wanted a bike sooo off the deep end, as far as appeal goes, that the next phase will help make that happen. I get so excited when people drool over the bike - it's nice to see the same passion I have.
HA HO - AND REMEMBER LOVE YOURSELF

Rich_W

by Rich_W

HAHO,

Lovely machine... you have excellent taste, and it is truly a piece of art. I have not read through the whole thread yet... just was looking at your pics and build list.

However... I see some obvious weight discrepancies... This is just going by the same stuff I've recently weighed out.

Nokons 175g
Record Cranks 560g
Cinelli Cork Tape 50g (maybe 40g since you are using RAM)
Campy Rear D 184g
Record Front D 172g
Record BB 197g

Ridley

by Ridley

Rich_W wrote:HAHO,

Lovely machine... you have excellent taste, and it is truly a piece of art. I have not read through the whole thread yet... just was looking at your pics and build list.

However... I see some obvious weight discrepancies... This is just going by the same stuff I've recently weighed out.

Nokons 175g
Record Cranks 560g
Cinelli Cork Tape 50g (maybe 40g since you are using RAM)
Campy Rear D 184g
Record Front D 72g
Record BB 197g

Isn't that better? 8)

collideous

by collideous

bike_add1ct wrote:... Personally I find the RAM combo a bit too massive for the frail tubes ...

A Ti Seven stem would match the bike well. That's what I use on my Litespeed.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

wow . its an amazing build. love everything. its classy and trendy at the same time.

keep it up :thumbup:

show us some pics when you get your new parts
██

Speed Racer

by Speed Racer

Hey guys, don't talk him out of the AX brakes. He is selling me his 0Gs for my Scott.
My Look Keo Ti just came in the mail today.
I am too big (182 lbs) and a sprinter to go crazy lite like Ha but I do like to pimp my rides.
Besides, I can't let the Ho's make me look bad.
Attachments
December 005.jpg

Herbert

by Herbert

HA HO wrote: I get so excited when people drool over the bike - it's nice to see the same passion I have.

Wait how much the guys who crafted the frame get excited when I will show the pic of your stunning build up to them.
Very, very nice bike indeed.

Herbert

More stunning beauties
www.merlinbike.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com