Next build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

Shame that you've been put off 'dale, they make some great bikes imo. If disc is a must it's obviously going to reduce your options greatly, but I can see why you like the idea being a brit myself :)

If you are looking at possible non disc options the new Solace from scott looks good, though I've not yet seen one myself, also the Bianchi Infinito CV may be worth a look -Thus far all our customers who rode it have ordered one!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SDP

by SDP

Just go and buy a giant defy....sort of riding you are doing would be ideal...no idea why you feel need for discs.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

..are for the high mountain descents, a second road bike or foul weather road bike. Nothing else.

The Shimano road levers did not feel or look right to me and Ive owned the top spec disc brake system on my old BMC mountain bike. Sure XTR was buttery smooth but eventual pad build up and weather temperamental rotors were enough for me to not want it on a road bike with tighter tolerances, susceptible to more amplified noise on ones carbon rig.

Get a real road bike and leave the rotor stuff to MTB and CX.
carbonLORD.com

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

carbonLORD wrote:Get a real road bike and leave...

:roll:

mattjevans

by mattjevans

carbonLORD wrote:..are for the high mountain descents, a second road bike or foul weather road bike. Nothing else.

The Shimano road levers did not feel or look right to me and Ive owned the top spec disc brake system on my old BMC mountain bike. Sure XTR was buttery smooth but eventual pad build up and weather temperamental rotors were enough for me to not want it on a road bike with tighter tolerances, susceptible to more amplified noise on ones carbon rig.

Get a real road bike and leave the rotor stuff to MTB and CX.

A foul weather road bike is called a "road bike" in the UK...

mattjevans

by mattjevans

If I go non disc the Domane would be the first bike I'd look at.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

mattjevans

by mattjevans

No need to quote the above

Oh, I had missed that. My bad, looks nice. Will seek one out for a peek in person

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Pharmstrong wrote:
carbonLORD wrote:Get a real road bike and leave...

:roll:

...the disc for CX and MTB.

Roll your eyes all you like just don't show up to a group ride or crit with that thing.
carbonLORD.com

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Why, will all the other small minded fashionistas tell me to get a 'real' bike too? :cry:

mattjevans

by mattjevans

Anyway. back to my real current question, which is that (and lets say no disc brakes to keep everyone happy), assuming the same fit and geomtery is achievable, can I get a similar ride/comfort level from a Ti frame with Enve "bits" as from a Domane?