New mistress - Cervelo S3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

It wasn't long ago that I finished the sub 6kg SuperSix build but since then I've had a Retul fit mainly because I developed a numbness when riding the Cannondale that I don't have when I'm on my Titanium build.

The results of the fit were as suspected, the geometry of the Cannondale isn't ideal but the Ti bike was nearly spot on and a couple of adjustments had it dialled in perfectly. This brings us to present day. I have the Cannondale frameset up for sale and everything that I could use from that build has ended up on this - a 2014 S3 that tips the scales at 6470 grams as pictured (minus the bottle).

First ride was this morning and the fit is very good. May have to swap the stem if the -17 is uncomfortable on longer rides.

Last edited by VTR1000SP2 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Great looking bike. Shame you had to part with your Supersix, that bike was awesome!! Fit is more important though. Hope you enjoy the new build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

burglarboycie wrote:Great looking bike. Shame you had to part with your Supersix, that bike was awesome!! Fit is more important though. Hope you enjoy the new build.

Thanks for the compliment. I really liked the Cannondale and how they're able to make a bike so stiff yet so light was great. It was my first weight weenie build and was capable of sub 12 with the right wheelset but as you said, fit is crucial. This bike is not only more comfortable but more stable at speed and on faster corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg