BH Ultralight

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

paradawt

by paradawt

What is your opinion about KCNC chainrings?
Berria Belador 7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

they dont shift the greatest, especially under load, arent the stiffest, but they look great and weigh nothing.
So depending on how often you shift between chainrings (i hardly ever do) would be a determining factor for me recommending them or not.

paradawt

by paradawt

Thanks a lot for your opinion.

Why don't you make some "doors" to chain on the back? I do it in my Doval chainrings and it works.
Berria Belador 7

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

what do you mean by doors?

paradawt

by paradawt

Something like this...
Attachments
DSCN1687.jpg
Berria Belador 7

petal666

by petal666

Ramps

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

ramps, i got it now. There are some ramps already machined into the rings but they are not very significant. With how thin the rings are already and lacking proper machining tools I'm not one to bust out a dremel and stat hacking away at my parts. The shift quality is good enough for me since i only jump between rings 1 or 2 times every ride. Just can't shift up under heavy load.

BazzaS

by BazzaS

Hi,

been looking at the BH G6 and Ultralight for a while now, how do you fit the Record cranks to them?

Is it just a case of pressing the FSA shim http://www.bike24.com/p250245.html into the hollow of the frame, and then putting the record cranks with bearing into that? (Or do you need a PF30 BB in there as it indicates?)

Alternatively, have seen a Wilier 386 kit, a C-Bear BB and a mr_Ride BB, wheels-MFG kit - but guessing these carry 2 sets of bearings when used with the pre-installed Record ones?

Many thanks!

jasonsv

by jasonsv

BazzaS wrote:Hi,

been looking at the BH G6 and Ultralight for a while now, how do you fit the Record cranks to them?

Is it just a case of pressing the FSA shim http://www.bike24.com/p250245.html into the hollow of the frame, and then putting the record cranks with bearing into that? (Or do you need a PF30 BB in there as it indicates?)

Alternatively, have seen a Wilier 386 kit, a C-Bear BB and a mr_Ride BB, wheels-MFG kit - but guessing these carry 2 sets of bearings when used with the pre-installed Record ones?

Many thanks!

I used the Wilier 386 Kit on my ultralight

BazzaS

by BazzaS

Thanks. So with that kit, which bearings do you end up running (or both sets!?)

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

hi, another option would be to use the press fit 30 bottom bracket, then use an adapter such as the FSA one linked below. There are certainly other companies that make adapters as well, such as wheels manufacturing as previously stated. You just press the PF30 BB minto the shell then press the adapters into the PF30 bearings and then insert the crank, very simple installation

BazzaS

by BazzaS

Got my BH G6, installed FSA blue 386evo/campag adapter (aluminium shims), and as confirmed by FSA and contrary to the info on even theFSAwebsite a PF30 BBis not used. Suspect it would be with the FSA SRAM etc adapter, but not the campag one. It uses the campag bearing within the pressed-in adapter.
The campag chain set (ultra torque record in my case) simply pushes into the pressed-in adapter with the fsa-supplied wavy washer.
Time will tell if my particular combination of part tolerances requires loctite (e.g primer and low strength didsassembly-permitting 641), but for now I'm starting out with a lightly greased installation.

Hope this is of use to someone in future, beautiful frame as is the ultralight.

ekloewen

by ekloewen

For you Ultralight riders, what size bike are you riding? I know that the sizes can vary in how they fit, but I'm curious to know if you think these frames fit any differently than other brands?

How tall are you? More torso? More leg?

I'm 5'11 (180.5 cm) with a 32.5" inseam (82.55 cm) and a longer torso.

I have a BH G6 in medium (557 tt), and so far, so good, but usually ride a 56 cm in all other frames, and stack and reach are a bit smaller than other companies. I'm currently set up on a 120 mm stem, but am thinking of moving into a 130, as I think I want to be laid out a bit more.

Anyway, any advice or tidbits of info would be great.

Thanks.

willieboy

by willieboy

I'm on a medium Ultralight. I'm 5'9" with a 29.5 inseam. 100mm stem.

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

im 6'1'' with a 32.5" or 33" inseam. I ride a large, seat height 797mm, 0mm offset seat post, 120 stem, 83mm bar reach 12cm saddle to bar drop. I feel like I could possibly go to a 130 stem, maybe drop the bars a bit more, and still feel good, but I've been riding it this way for 6 months and just feel so good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com