BMC TMR01

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bely

by Bely

Love the bike - badass, the pictures, the responses or lack of! But having said that to each their own!
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

jbaillie

by jbaillie

ultyguy wrote:Oh, and for the record, if some weighweenie lass puts up a pic of her hot new ride with 2 studs in banana hammocks standing by it, I'll also applaud.

Hahaha I'm glad to see that turn of phrase exists on both sides of the ocean. Oh man we have strayed from this poor guys original post...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltree

by deltree

Damn that looks, to quote Tim Don, Dirty Fast™. Feeling that I might enquire about getting one of these to replace my outgoing SLR01.

oskeres

by oskeres

aaaa
Last edited by oskeres on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

prendrefeu wrote:
As for the women? There is no denying that they can be a visually pleasant addition to a scene. However, and this is a matter of personal choices you or any person make, I know quite a few very beautiful women who would rip your legs off in a race, look great in formal wear, and still take offense at the choice of throwing them into a context where the focus should be on the bike not the objectifying of women. A woman kitted up and riding a bike in a race is one thing, having them holding up your bike in short dresses and high heels because you couldn't be bothered to just get a stand for it is another. With the photo you're basically saying "women in high heels and short dresses are there to hold my bike up." I don't run BMC, but if I ever get to the point of having a company that sponsors athletes and you posted a photo like that straightaway, I'd have my Communications Director issue a cause for removal of your image and pull your sponsorship. I know a number of major industry companies/brands that would respond exactly how I've described.

So, in short: women great, but we're here for the bike. Can we get more images of the bike please? Details of your choices in equipment/setup? Build list? Weights?

Good luck in your competitions.

from the guy that bought you this...

prendrefeu wrote:Then, after not winning E3, he still had a little fun...

pot, kettle.

nice bike btw.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Touché. :) I was waiting for that one to show up. :lol:

And, following that, Cannondale asked Sagan to cool it off a bit. He apologized. Still has fun, just not the podium-girl-pinching-kind, and that's the point I'm making: Brands don't want their sponsored athletes showing the brand in a light that is not ideal to their strategy. If a Bike shop does it, it more reflects the shop.
I won't bother countering the above statements too much, they're all fairly simple: motorcycle industry ≠ bicycle industry (completely different market and growing target), Marzocchi is adapting, slowly. Then again their main target isn't road, it's DH (which is heavily male dominated with a comparatively smaller segment for women and an even slower growth rate there compared to road). The Bianchi picture isn't recent. As much as you would like to think that these companies intend to play up 'sex' with the product, it's a diminishing trend. Go to a few industry shows, there are less and less 'tradeshow bait' at the major brands with each year. ('Tradeshow bait' are the professional models who wear the logo polo or even a bikini to get the dorky guys to come to the booth, then the true salesperson quickly comes in). Things are changing, even if you don't like it.

But anyway, more interested in the bike, and glad we got some details on the spec. Thanks.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kikkie

by kikkie

@prendrefeu: You know that your statement was flawed, and that you were a bit harsh on the op.

But as you say, lets get on with the bike. Lets stop littering this guys topic any further.

@oskeres: thanks for the specs, would love to see pics of the cockpit. I'm very interested in how you solved it, I am also looking for a good setup for draft-legal races.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Def love to see some pics of the cockpit, sounds like a good solution, haven't seen many well executed ITU set ups outside of the 3T which is stupid expensive.

parsnip

by parsnip

The stem isn't the only thing I'd slam in that photo!

Nahh I'm just kidding. Well not really, but sexism in cycling is def a real problem.