Pinarello Dogma 747

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Dakingrocco

by Dakingrocco

After my Chinarello cracked behind the bracked, I had to look for a new bike.
As I liked the geometry of the Chinarello, i decided to buy a real Pinarello Dogma.

So i had made my decission on which bike a would buy.But then the second problem.
There are like +20 colourshemes? First I was doubting about the 850. But there were already two or three such bikes in the area. But I had never seen the 747 before. And I really liked the red color.

So here it is my Pinarello Dogma 65.1 think 2 747 :

I am not sure about the weight yet. But I guess it is still to heavy, so i'll try to lower the weight in the future!!

Cheers!!
Last edited by Dakingrocco on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

very nice, and welcome to the legal side of things :P

How it compares with the Chinarello ?
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Dakingrocco

by Dakingrocco

SalsaLover wrote:very nice, and welcome to the legal side of things :P

How it compares with the Chinarello ?

Thank you! It rides way smoother. The bike is stiffer but yet more comfortable. When you accelerate you feel it instantly.
But on the onder hand, this bike was like 7 times more expensive then the Chinarello so I hoped it would ride much beter!

davec

by davec

Love that colourway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Good move! Bike looks great....I have heard great things about how Pinas ride, I need to get on one at some point.

:beerchug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mrfish

by mrfish

You sure it's a real one? ;-)

Your Chinarello looked pretty good as well in the photo at least. Which one did you get? Where / how did it crack exactly? Will they warranty it?
Also it would be interesting to hear how the real one compares to the Chinarello in terms of ride and weight.

My guess is that the latest Chinarellos are getting pretty close to the real thing on the surface, and likely aren't too far off in terms of ride, just that they aren't made with the same care, lower quality fibres, little or no warranty, no testing... That said it would be good if Pinarello could emulate the Chinarello custom paint turnaround time and upcharge.

Dakingrocco

by Dakingrocco

mrfish wrote:You sure it's a real one? ;-)

Your Chinarello looked pretty good as well in the photo at least. Which one did you get? Where / how did it crack exactly? Will they warranty it?
Also it would be interesting to hear how the real one compares to the Chinarello in terms of ride and weight.

My guess is that the latest Chinarellos are getting pretty close to the real thing on the surface, and likely aren't too far off in terms of ride, just that they aren't made with the same care, lower quality fibres, little or no warranty, no testing... That said it would be good if Pinarello could emulate the Chinarello custom paint turnaround time and upcharge.

The bike cracked at the rear fork, just near the bracket.

In Weight the real dogma isn't that much lichter, but it does ride so much better.
The Chinarello was quite stiff, but the Pinarello is even stiffer but yet so much more comfortable.
The biggest differcence while riding the bike is that when you stand up to accelerate the Chinarello had some flex but the Pinarello is just like Bang and you're going forward.

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

nice colour scheme for your new dogma! what tires are you running?

Dakingrocco

by Dakingrocco

Nutellaurent wrote:nice colour scheme for your new dogma! what tires are you running?

I run Vittoria evo sc tyres. Lots of grip when its dry, but verry slippery when it is wet .

mrfish

by mrfish

Thanks for the photo. Both bikes look nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com