Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 28
frommy understanding, praxis works is the supplier of chainrings for thm complete cranks, so you wouldn't have to ditch the shifting.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:36 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Oakland, CA
SilentG wrote:
frommy understanding, praxis works is the supplier of chainrings for thm complete cranks, so you wouldn't have to ditch the shifting.


Well, you learn something new every day. Reviews of the THM M3 have been generally positive, yes?

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 28
kfreytag wrote:
SilentG wrote:
frommy understanding, praxis works is the supplier of chainrings for thm complete cranks, so you wouldn't have to ditch the shifting.


Well, you learn something new every day. Reviews of the THM M3 have been generally positive, yes?


From what I have read, yes. Good enough that I'm looking at picking up one myself.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Oakland, CA
Correction regarding the potential weight savings on the THM M3 SRM versus the ROTOR 3D+ SRM:

Reading the fine print more finely, the THM is 665g with chainrings and "bottom bracket spindle" but not with the bottom bracket.

From the SRM site: http://www.srm.de/products/srm-powermeter/clavicula-m3/

My ROTOR 3D+ SRM comes in at a measured 688g with Praxis 50/34 rings. A best case scenario of -23g doesn't seem worth the price of admission.

Image

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm
Posts: 846
My EE brakes with pads weigh 202 grams. And are excellent. I would buy a pair for my other bike if i had the cash spare.

Re: light power meter - if it has to be an SRM - there are no light options. If you want a light powermeter. A set of hollowgram SISL2, with spidering and stages SI arm will save you about 150g. (Roughly 530g in compact)

My older SISL crank w SI stages arm and rotor q rings (very heavy) weighs 616g - and thats for a standard set up.

_________________
Evo 5.13kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 am
Posts: 1428
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
So, let me get this. People are raving about a >1kg steel frame with some hideous seat lug contraption I have never seen the likes of before. Lightweight components are surely out of place on a steel frame like this? I mean, no one has a steel frame if they want a very lightweight bike?

One of the most poorly conceived bike builds I have seen.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Posts: 1389
Location: Aix en Provence
Valbrona wrote:
So, let me get this. People are raving about a >1kg steel frame with some hideous seat lug contraption I have never seen the likes of before. Lightweight components are surely out of place on a steel frame like this? I mean, no one has a steel frame if they want a very lightweight bike?

One of the most poorly conceived bike builds I have seen.

:roll: study Parlee a bit before posting.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:37 am
Posts: 159
Some people...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:33 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Valbrona wrote:
So, let me get this. People are raving about a >1kg steel frame with some hideous seat lug contraption I have never seen the likes of before. Lightweight components are surely out of place on a steel frame like this? I mean, no one has a steel frame if they want a very lightweight bike?

One of the most poorly conceived bike builds I have seen.

Definitely the most poorly conceived post I have ever seen. :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Oakland, CA
NiFTY wrote:
My EE brakes with pads weigh 202 grams. And are excellent. I would buy a pair for my other bike if i had the cash spare.

Seems the new ones are a claimed to be 168g per pair w/ pad holders, according to Fairwheel, but they also say that's no change from the previous version, which weighed heavier for me, too.

NiFTY wrote:
Re: light power meter - if it has to be an SRM - there are no light options. If you want a light powermeter. A set of hollowgram SISL2, with spidering and stages SI arm will save you about 150g. (Roughly 530g in compact)

My older SISL crank w SI stages arm and rotor q rings (very heavy) weighs 616g - and thats for a standard set up.

Yeah, it's gotta be an SRM. :roll: It's perhaps the German in me, but I've got two of them already, and they just simply work. As with the color of the frame, I'll take the weight penalty.

Valbrona wrote:
So, let me get this. People are raving about a >1kg steel frame with some hideous seat lug contraption I have never seen the likes of before

Steel is real!

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Oakland, CA
greentimgreen wrote:
@kfreytag

Stunning bike, and an inspiration for me and my current Z-zero build! I've wimped out on the colour and gone for a waxed finish, but I'm looking to keep some of the same clean lines that you have achieved. In particular, what did you do to the control unit for the Di2? It's the one thing that annoys me about that gruppo, it always looks so messy under the stem!

I just realized that I never answered this question! Sorry about that.

Initially, I had a BarFly 2 to hold the Garmin, and I zip-tied the junction box to the bottom of that. It made it basically invisible when the Garmin was mounted (which is always when riding).

This last weekend, however, I swapped in Tilliquist's ENVE mount and zip-tied the junction box to the "rails" on that w/ really narrow black zip-ties. It's a bit of a tighter fit (you need really small zip ties), but it works, and it looks and feels much better with the Garmin dropped just a bit and no "ring around the barsies".

I took pictures, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll post when I do. I think I dropped a grand total of 2g. :thumbup:

P.S. Have you finished your Z-Zero? Is there a thread on here? I wanna see it!

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 pm
Posts: 219
kfreytag wrote:
NiFTY wrote:
My EE brakes with pads weigh 202 grams. And are excellent. I would buy a pair for my other bike if i had the cash spare.

Seems the new ones are a claimed to be 168g per pair w/ pad holders, according to Fairwheel, but they also say that's no change from the previous version, which weighed heavier for me, too.


Recent (April '14), but still previous version. 173.6g with pad holders (but no pads).

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Oakland, CA
Hmm... I guess you're right. I went back to my old 1st gen blue anodized ee's:

Image

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:11 pm
Posts: 225
Very lovely frame colour.

Out of curiousity. WHat's the RAL colour code for this candy red?

kind regards :oops:


Top
   
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:36 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Oakland, CA
vejnemojnen wrote:
Very lovely frame colour.

Out of curiousity. WHat's the RAL colour code for this candy red?


Thanks for the compliment!

I honestly don't know the color code (or if there is one, per se).

Parlee call is Kandy Red (sic). I'm told they do the color by applying red over silver over red over silver over red... ad infinitum.

I'd drop a line to Parlee and ask them. Here's another shot:

Image

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. FS: Parlee Carbon Bars 42cm and Parlee Carbon Stem 120mm

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

boots2000

0

318

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:22 pm

boots2000 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Parlee Z4

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

kunheeLEE

0

524

Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:40 pm

kunheeLEE View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Parlee ESX Etap

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

meesterbond

23

4490

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 pm

kgt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) New (old) Parlee Build

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

westdowntoeast

11

2315

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:49 am

Gumwalls25 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Parlee Altum, Red 22

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Mr.Gib

4

1580

Thu May 05, 2016 6:12 am

arizonahalfnhalf View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: glam2deaf, GonaSovereign, gsindela and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited