Canyon SLX 9.0 ETE with Corima MCC's (6.3kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

aerozy

by aerozy

So here is my brand new Canyon SLX 9.0 ETE which comes with shimano Di2 9070. I ordered the bike in November 2012 so Ive been waiting 8months for this baby. Its going to my good weather bike. I ditched the heavy mavic cosmic WTS 80's for some corima aero+ mcc's. The wheels look spectacular in person! :thumbup:

Also changed the shimano 9000 crank for a sram quarq red powermeter which incidentally aint that red anymore ;) Both the crank and wheels can be found in the sale section.

Total weight as seen in pictures 6.3kg

Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

We can never be friends :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

This and the Aeroad in short succession. You rob a bank? I'm looking forward to some comparisons between the SLX and Aeroad once you've had them for a while. I'm currently riding an Ulti AL 2012, and one of these two will be my next bike.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Now that's one fine looking bike. For some reason I don't seem to mind the Quarq/Shimano mix. Plus those cormias look great!

thencameyou

by thencameyou

the green and the wheels are nice. i think your aeroad looks better, sloping top tubes on small frames don't really do it for me...

mpower

by mpower

I think your frame is too small for you with this kind of seatpost height.

trychle

by trychle

My wishlist consists of almost everything this bike is build up with.. niceee!

aerozy

by aerozy

Folks thanks for the compliments! :thumbup:

the green and the wheels are nice. i think your aeroad looks better, sloping top tubes on small frames don't really do it for me...

I have to agree with on this one. Im not one for sloping top tubes my self. On bigger frames it is not as evident but on this frame which is XS its gone way beyond my aesthetics boundary. I am far more pleased with the looks of my aeroroad.

But I guess my main goal with this bike was to have a functional WW bike with di2. I rode it yesterday for the first time and I was NOT disappointed. Its much stiffer in the front end compared to the aeroroad. The Aeroroad is already a very comfortable frame but this frame is in a different league in that department, it is so vertically compliant its like riding on a suspension bike. There is one road here in Brighton that looks more like a potato field and this bike was hovering over all those potholes. Add the slick shifting and yes, its a marvel to ride. But Im not 100% proud of its looks. So when I wanna pick up girls I take the aeroroad :up:

Wheels are amazing! They feel even stiffer than my CCU's.

As for my position. The contact points are dialled in to be pretty much on par with my other bikes. The amount of seat post is normal considering the amount of slope there is in the frame. Guess with this design you save some extra weight without compromising stiffness.

micropox

by micropox

Hi Aerozy,

Very nice!!!

may i ask, what is your saddle height and length of the stem?

Thanks...

kgt

by kgt

Impressive but the mtb like slope is too much IMHO.

biotin

by biotin

looks awesome .. unfortunately my size and my chosen color (stealth) was sold out .

djm

by djm

Bloody h.. David, this looks awesome! Very cool wheels aswell.

aerozy

by aerozy

Hey Dag! Thanks! :) Crazy I know but I am ok with that :)

As for the fit I think I need to change my seatpost to a zero offset as the current reach on this setup is 1cm too long (geez am I that short!? Btw Im 171cm). I run zero offset on my other bikes as well.

So Ive ordered my first ever ax lightness component in the europa seatpost that should save me 100gr. The logo will go nicely as its got lime green as well.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Fit looks great to me! I don't mind a bit of slope......I would prefer the DA crank, but I prefer to keep groups complete if possible. Awesome ride, no doubt!

giant man

by giant man

looks lovely, don't care about how the size looks, the important thing is if it fits and if it's comfortable ....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com