Look 695 SR with Dura-Ace Di2 9070 (New pic 4.9.2013)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Jman

by Jman

Took her for a first proper ride today. FD needs some adjustment due to the Q-Rings and I'm having some troubles with my Mavic Freehub which I changed from Campa to Shimano. Doesn't spin properly. ...have to open it once more, clean and add some lube in it. And hope it helps.

I even took it to the LBS today but they a) were so busy they wouldn't have time to look it in the first place B) I don't think they had even seen Mavic wheels before because he said they don't have mineral oil and he haven't heard before that you put that in a freehub :shock:

...here you better learn your maintenance stuff if you like your bike to be working

But about the bike: Frame is just awesome. Plenty more stiff than Canyon CF SLX which was also pretty stiff on the front end.

Groupset: I absolutely love electrical gruppo!:)
Elrey wrote:Better pic's please...

Waiting for a nice light to take those pics.:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I'm interested to see what you come up with regarding the freewheel. Mine drags like crazy since I made the same swap - my LBS said "that's Mavic"

Jman

by Jman

Ok, I took quick photo today with phone to illustrate current condition. Cages are temporary ones. Maybe tomorrow I have time to do proper photoshoot session.:)

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Jman wrote:Took her for a first proper ride today. FD needs some adjustment due to the Q-Rings and I'm having some troubles with my Mavic Freehub which I changed from Campa to Shimano. Doesn't spin properly. ...have to open it once more, clean and add some lube in it. And hope it helps.

Two things to check: 1) That the washer inside the freehub (behind the bearing) is actually there, and 2) that it didn't move on installation.

Oh, and that pic is MASSIVE! :shock:

Jman

by Jman

Yes the washer is there. how could it be out of place when the axel goes through it?

Have to fix that pic when I get to my computer. Posted from Mobile...

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I know what you mean, but when I did it I managed to get it slightly off-centre - that was enough to make it problematic.

The washer sits in a recess on the bearing. If it's off-centre then it presses against the bearing and tightens it.

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Cable housing might need a trim...

Elrey

by Elrey

I would remove the plastic strips on the cables and use tape instead. Remove the sticker from the front derailleur.
Other than that, SOLID!

olmauntin

by olmauntin

what's the frame size

Jman

by Jman

olmauntin wrote:what's the frame size

Large. 56cm toptube.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

Jman wrote:Cutted the seatpost and also steerer tube.

Weight with pedals 6,46 kg.

thencameyou wrote:pure win. (change those tubs to a pair of veloflex stat though!)

Why Veloflex and which ones you recommend?

veloflex are best mass produced tub for ride quality/rolling resistance, which is the main reason for riding tubs in the first place. would suggest extreme or carbon. love the bike btw, white spokes on CCU's look great...

Jman

by Jman

Ok, took the freehub apart, cleaned everything and applied some lube there which I bought from hardware store. (No bikeshop to get Pedro's Road Rage) It worked fine. ...for a while. Now there's friction again. (When you roll the wheel when it's not touching ground, pedals rotate also)

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Great build... I need to get my hands on a Look...
How do you like the cranks & stem?
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Jman

by Jman

jvanv8 wrote:Great build... I need to get my hands on a Look...
How do you like the cranks & stem?

Well both are really great. Stiff and pretty light. ...until problems occur I think. :P

Updated pics also on first post.

bontyboy

by bontyboy

I´m just starting to get into road bikes and this just looks from outer space :shock:

That bike just looks so fast!
As others have chimed in, no stickers :mrgreen:
Thanks for sharing.
/J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com