Cervelo RCA; 51; finally broke the 11lb barrier (new photos)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Ah ok, I thought you were using them for the shifters as well. Any reason why you didn't do that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Are those the new lightweight cages?

NYrider

by NYrider

Hi audiophilitis, NIce build! I'm finally getting started on a R5ca 54 build myself.
Got the frame via crash replacement last year when my GF crashed my 09 R3sl
and broke the frame in 2 places. Question for you about your bottom bracket bearings.
Did you press them in dry or use any kind of lube, loctite, etc ?

liketoride

by liketoride

wow! that is a nice bike, i love the way you set this up. it is a really well done bike good job man

liketoride

by liketoride

did you get a chance to put the cranks, rings and bb on the scale for me?

liketoride

by liketoride

sorry i just saw it, that is a great wt with those rings. i have to ask for this crank for xmas. The crank is lighter than the sram red by 50 grams i think, it is 5 grams lighter than my crank and rings and i have extralite rings on it. is yours 130 or 110?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Can you provide me a link as to where to order the lightweight cages? Personally, I would have gone with SR EPS despite the weight gain, but personal choice I guess.

Also, those tires are such a crappy choice compared to the rest of the bike components that it screams CHANGE ME!!!!

Awesome looking bike.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

I think he rides on some really rough roads. That said, lighter seat (Berk seatpost/seat combo would be really nice) and the new Tune wheels with some light tires (not Tufo though) would get this bike well into the 10 lb range. Quite astonishing.

There's a Lightweight theme going on, so just changing the seat itself would be nice to get it below 11 lb :)

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

drainyoo wrote:Ah ok, I thought you were using them for the shifters as well. Any reason why you didn't do that?

Since plan was to go the power cordz route for shifters, i didn't have a spare set of KCNC TIs -- will probably upgrade to those when it's time to replace the bar tape.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

NYrider wrote:Hi audiophilitis, NIce build! I'm finally getting started on a R5ca 54 build myself.
Got the frame via crash replacement last year when my GF crashed my 09 R3sl
and broke the frame in 2 places. Question for you about your bottom bracket bearings.
Did you press them in dry or use any kind of lube, loctite, etc ?

I believe the R5CA uses the BBRight "Direct Fit" where the actual bearings are pressed into the BB shell, versus the BBRight "Press Fit" on the RCA (and most other Cervelo models) where bearings are pressed into BB cups, which are pressed into the BB shell. I'm using a THM BBright bottom bracket which has an interesting design -- both cups actually screw in to each other. I did use Loctite 641 on the cups.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

coppercook62 wrote:Are those the new lightweight cages?

Yes -- verdict is still out as I haven't tried fitting bottles into them yet but they look cool!

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

dgasmd wrote:Can you provide me a link as to where to order the lightweight cages? Personally, I would have gone with SR EPS despite the weight gain, but personal choice I guess.

Also, those tires are such a crappy choice compared to the rest of the bike components that it screams CHANGE ME!!!!

Awesome looking bike.

I don't think the LW cages are available in the US -- I got them from a fellow WW.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

liketoride wrote:sorry i just saw it, that is a great wt with those rings. i have to ask for this crank for xmas. The crank is lighter than the sram red by 50 grams i think, it is 5 grams lighter than my crank and rings and i have extralite rings on it. is yours 130 or 110?

cranks are 110bcd

nismosr

by nismosr

nice built Tim, can't wait to see this in person.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

From one RCA owner to another ..........beautiful build! Ride hard, ride safe.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta