Sub 6.3kg CAAD10 Build - Final Weight & Photos pg 9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mtbuller

by mtbuller

drainyoo wrote:The Zipp SL SS 40cm bars have arrived. I was hoping they'd be under 170g at this size, but 174g isn't bad. I could cut off the ends a little.

Zipp SL Short & Shallow Carbon Bars 40cm 174g

Mine in 42 Bad 176,4g and I was thinking about stripping the paint which would be around 10g.
Using Tapatalk

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Wow that much? You mean just those two logos in the front weight 10g in paint.

I assume the three lines at the bar ends are guides for cutting?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Bianchi10 wrote:I cant wait to see this built up! Do you have any prior experience with recon cassettes? Interested to hear back how it performs. Thats some impressive weight, But curious if it will be worth it. I hear they dont last very long.

I haven't used a Recon yet, but I've read that it lasts a good amount, some people on here have used them up to 5000km. I mostly ride on the weekends, so it should last me a good amount of time. They're also cheap, so not a big deal when you have to replace it.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

drainyoo wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:I cant wait to see this built up! Do you have any prior experience with recon cassettes? Interested to hear back how it performs. Thats some impressive weight, But curious if it will be worth it. I hear they dont last very long.

I haven't used a Recon yet, but I've read that it lasts a good amount, some people on here have used them up to 5000km. I mostly ride on the weekends, so it should last me a good amount of time. They're also cheap, so not a big deal when you have to replace it.

If you could report back with how it shifts, I'd certainly appreciate it. That could be a lot of weight saved if I went that direction from my Ultegra (236g), but I wouldn't want to sacrifice the shifting performance.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Sure, not a problem.

There is a thread on here where someone gives numerous reports over a few months of riding, but I can't seem to find it. He basically wrote that it held up for over 1000km and the shifting was on par with an SRAM Red cassette.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Seatpost arrived. Came in at a great weight. I ordered a different clamp for it that will be better for carbon rails, so that might add weight to it. I'm going to cut it down a bit, so that will balance it out. I'll post photos of that when done later this week.

Woodman Carbo El 27.2x350 Seatpost 122g

Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Some carbon derailleur goodies from Fibre-lyte have arrived. Wheels have arrived at customs, so they should hopefully be here soon.

Fibre-lyte Chain Stopper 5g

Fibre-lyte Jockey Wheels 11t 8g

Fibre-lyte Mech Plate 6g
Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justdank

by justdank

where do you order the fibre lyte stuff from?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Directly from Fibre-lyte. Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Watching your build makes me feel completely unsatisfied with everything about my own bike

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Nah man, I dig your build. Looks money.

moshinho

by moshinho

Great build ;)

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Wheels arrived! They're Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C and the weight came in at 1551g. Not the lightest things around, but them seem like they're bulletproof and at my 200lb weight, I'd rather go with something more solid. And they look so sweet.

Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40C 1551g

Last edited by drainyoo on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I agree, those wheels look sick.......now finish the d*mn build already!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Hahah I'm trying! This stuff is expensive, so I'm trying to go easy on my bank account by buying little at a time. Almost there, though.