11 lbs - 5.3 kg focus fixed gear project new pics!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

craciunptr

by craciunptr

New Pictures :) finished sanding the frame forks and handlebars

i will update the weight as soon as i get a scale but i feel i am close to 4,999

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

t0ph0id

by t0ph0id

Looks much nicer like that.

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

Very distinctive-----kind of reminds me of a herringbone suit-----you can see the carbon fibre was very nicely laid.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

craciunptr wrote:Well I am doing some work experience at the moment in Bristol and I ride it to work every day and I have no problem stoping even downhill:) I used to ride a 52 14 gearing brake less. This is easy. Yeah I get the parts sh and fix them if neded. Soon I will get this to my goal of 4 kg

I love the bike, but no foot retention is just silly. There's no way you can ride a 52 14 down a hill at 35 mph and then just stop without foot straps or clips when an old lady walks out in front of you or a car backs out. That's near 100 gear inches. The gear ratio you have now is more reasonable for stopping without retention, but it's just an unnecessariy risk and plain stupid.

euan

by euan

Still idiotic. Still irresponsible.

t0ph0id

by t0ph0id

justkeepedaling wrote:
craciunptr wrote:Well I am doing some work experience at the moment in Bristol and I ride it to work every day and I have no problem stoping even downhill:) I used to ride a 52 14 gearing brake less. This is easy. Yeah I get the parts sh and fix them if neded. Soon I will get this to my goal of 4 kg

I love the bike, but no foot retention is just silly. There's no way you can ride a 52 14 down a hill at 35 mph and then just stop without foot straps or clips when an old lady walks out in front of you or a car backs out. That's near 100 gear inches. The gear ratio you have now is more reasonable for stopping without retention, but it's just an unnecessariy risk and plain stupid.

Especially in Bristol which is completely on a hill. I live here too and ride a singlespeed.

craciunptr

by craciunptr

I can manage it :) anyway i will do it, i will buy some power grips:) when i have teh money :thumbup: