HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm 

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I basically bought this bottle setup because I stopped by the LBS on my P3, carrying a water bottle in my jersey pocket, and this was in stock, and cheap. It's also modular, and I can change it around so it is just carrying one bottle in the center if I want. I also want a Arundel Chrono for the downtube. I like the idea of water between my extensions, but I am not sure how well that would work out. I run them with little spacing between them, and I don't have much room for water up there.

I eventually would like to do a full IM, so I'll need all the water I can get then. It's definitely weird having all that weight out back, and so high. Out of the saddle sprinting you can really feel it, and I no longer have traction issues on steeper climbs until my bottle gets empty. I modified this mount to get the bottles situated as close to the saddle as possible. I flipped parts upside down, and flipped it from one side to the other, and I got it work out well with my setup. Judging from my side shadow it looks tucked in nicely, and my back is nice and flat. I did have to tilt my saddle front down since these last pics, and I may eventually need to replace it for one with a cutout, or something nose-less.

Specialized Fatboy(12628g)...and dropping

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 pm 

Ironman races normally have an aid station every 10km so do not worry about carrying too much water. First ironman I did, I carried 4 bottles. Next ironman I did I carried 2 (1 concentrate bottle and one water).

Cervelo SLC 5890g/12.98 lbs

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:05 pm 

BmanX wrote:
Ironman races normally have an aid station every 10km so do not worry about carrying too much water. First ironman I did, I carried 4 bottles. Next ironman I did I carried 2 (1 concentrate bottle and one water).

Good info to know. That helps a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 pm 

Great looking bike, actually all your bikes are awesome! Ive been thinking about a TT/Tri bike for a while and after seeing your P3 I decided I'd go that route too. I found a nice P3SL on ebay and should hopefully have it here next week.

Also, noticed this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2102-13-Cervelo-S2-Frame-set-size-56-/200938762450?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D261%26meid%3D8766894783842408627%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290939752230%26&rt=nc&nma=true&si=jyweDOJZhCuZaRlze9nlSiu5eik%253D&orig_cvip=true

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 pm 

Bart,

AH is that a legit auction because I seriously doubt it is!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:35 pm 

I assumed it was someone who used his pic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:07 pm 

BmanX wrote:
Bart,

AH is that a legit auction because I seriously doubt it is!

Yep definitely not me. I hope for whoever won that auction that the guy actually shipped them a real S2 frame, because clearly he didn't have one to take pictures of. Mine is actually a 54cm, and a 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:25 am 

Hey I am the jerk who used your pic without your permission I am sincerely sorry. I wanted to out myself publicly in front of your friends because I wanted you to know how serious I was about my apology. I am sure you got my email via eBay and we can scratch that out privately but I wanted to be clear that it was my fault completely and a bone head mistake and its completely my fault for being in a hurry. Anyway thank you for giving me a moment to come clean. -Christopher Michas

PS-It was a real listing with a real bike and I was a real heel!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:23 am 

Cmichas wrote:
Hey I am the jerk who used your pic without your permission I am sincerely sorry. I wanted to out myself publicly in front of your friends because I wanted you to know how serious I was about my apology. I am sure you got my email via eBay and we can scratch that out privately but I wanted to be clear that it was my fault completely and a bone head mistake and its completely my fault for being in a hurry. Anyway thank you for giving me a moment to come clean. -Christopher Michas

PS-It was a real listing with a real bike and I was a real heel!

Thanks for chiming in here Chris. I appreciate it.
-Bart

As for the bike project. I rode it today, and I am really getting used to it. First Time Trial this Friday. 8.5miles. So I am removing the water, and prepping it for the race tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 pm 

So this bike was destroyed I am sorry to report. A friend of mine was riding it, and she miscalculated a motorist's intentions, and the bike was destroyed. I did race my first TT on it, and I am addicted. I plan to build a Specialized Shiv TT, and race a TT series next year as well as some Tri events, possibly even an IM length. So this thread is now dead. I'll be starting a new Shiv build shortly after the first of the year.

Last race:

Crash carnage:

What's next:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm 

Too sad :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:28 am 

That is very sad but I want to hear more about your role at Specialized.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:10 pm 

BmanX wrote:
That is very sad but I want to hear more about your role at Specialized.

I am not too bummed about the P3. It was cheap, and it was a great introduction to TT bikes for sure. I miss it very much, but I am just glad my friend made it out with minimal injuries. I am kinda bummed about having to get that rear Spinergy wheel crash replaced, but the bright side is the front one is fine.

As for my role at Specialized. It is just an entry level warehouse position at our east coast distribution center. A foot in the door if you will. I intend to move up to something else soon, probably in the sales side of things as that is what I've done most of my life. However, right now I enjoy a life of being immersed in cycling 24/7 and it is pretty awesome. I get to see new stuff before anyone else. Like the S-Works Aerofly handlebar. We just shipped the first of those out last week. It's like our Vuka Sprint basically. I've also found out what size Evade helmet fits me. They are all allocated to dealer pre-orders right now, but when they are available, I am picking one of those up too. The Sitero saddle is going to be my choice for the Shiv build too. Yes, so I pretty much love my job. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:07 pm 

Very happy for you on the new job and of course happy your friend was alright. Keep us posted.

Go to page Previous  1, 2