Project: "Heavy Metal" P3 AL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Ironman races normally have an aid station every 10km so do not worry about carrying too much water. First ironman I did, I carried 4 bottles. Next ironman I did I carried 2 (1 concentrate bottle and one water).
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Ironman races normally have an aid station every 10km so do not worry about carrying too much water. First ironman I did, I carried 4 bottles. Next ironman I did I carried 2 (1 concentrate bottle and one water).

Good info to know. That helps a lot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Great looking bike, actually all your bikes are awesome! Ive been thinking about a TT/Tri bike for a while and after seeing your P3 I decided I'd go that route too. I found a nice P3SL on ebay and should hopefully have it here next week.

Also, noticed this on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2102-13-Cervelo-S2-Frame-set-size-56-/200938762450?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D261%26meid%3D8766894783842408627%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290939752230%26&rt=nc&nma=true&si=jyweDOJZhCuZaRlze9nlSiu5eik%253D&orig_cvip=true

BmanX

by BmanX

Bart,

AH is that a legit auction because I seriously doubt it is!
BIG DADDY B FLOW

AZR3

by AZR3

I assumed it was someone who used his pic

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Bart,

AH is that a legit auction because I seriously doubt it is!

Yep definitely not me. I hope for whoever won that auction that the guy actually shipped them a real S2 frame, because clearly he didn't have one to take pictures of. Mine is actually a 54cm, and a 2011.

Cmichas

by Cmichas

Hey I am the jerk who used your pic without your permission I am sincerely sorry. I wanted to out myself publicly in front of your friends because I wanted you to know how serious I was about my apology. I am sure you got my email via eBay and we can scratch that out privately but I wanted to be clear that it was my fault completely and a bone head mistake and its completely my fault for being in a hurry. Anyway thank you for giving me a moment to come clean. -Christopher Michas

PS-It was a real listing with a real bike and I was a real heel!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Cmichas wrote:Hey I am the jerk who used your pic without your permission I am sincerely sorry. I wanted to out myself publicly in front of your friends because I wanted you to know how serious I was about my apology. I am sure you got my email via eBay and we can scratch that out privately but I wanted to be clear that it was my fault completely and a bone head mistake and its completely my fault for being in a hurry. Anyway thank you for giving me a moment to come clean. -Christopher Michas

PS-It was a real listing with a real bike and I was a real heel!

Thanks for chiming in here Chris. I appreciate it.
-Bart

As for the bike project. I rode it today, and I am really getting used to it. First Time Trial this Friday. 8.5miles. So I am removing the water, and prepping it for the race tomorrow.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So this bike was destroyed I am sorry to report. A friend of mine was riding it, and she miscalculated a motorist's intentions, and the bike was destroyed. I did race my first TT on it, and I am addicted. I plan to build a Specialized Shiv TT, and race a TT series next year as well as some Tri events, possibly even an IM length. So this thread is now dead. I'll be starting a new Shiv build shortly after the first of the year.

Last race:

Crash carnage:

What's next:

Roel W

by Roel W

Too sad :(

BmanX

by BmanX

That is very sad but I want to hear more about your role at Specialized.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:That is very sad but I want to hear more about your role at Specialized.

I am not too bummed about the P3. It was cheap, and it was a great introduction to TT bikes for sure. I miss it very much, but I am just glad my friend made it out with minimal injuries. I am kinda bummed about having to get that rear Spinergy wheel crash replaced, but the bright side is the front one is fine.

As for my role at Specialized. It is just an entry level warehouse position at our east coast distribution center. A foot in the door if you will. I intend to move up to something else soon, probably in the sales side of things as that is what I've done most of my life. However, right now I enjoy a life of being immersed in cycling 24/7 and it is pretty awesome. I get to see new stuff before anyone else. Like the S-Works Aerofly handlebar. We just shipped the first of those out last week. It's like our Vuka Sprint basically. I've also found out what size Evade helmet fits me. They are all allocated to dealer pre-orders right now, but when they are available, I am picking one of those up too. The Sitero saddle is going to be my choice for the Shiv build too. Yes, so I pretty much love my job. :)

BmanX

by BmanX

Very happy for you on the new job and of course happy your friend was alright. Keep us posted.
BIG DADDY B FLOW