My 2012 Tarmac SL3 SR-11

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

L84AD8

by L84AD8

ace0fclub5 wrote:Yeah, I'll probably try to swap frames at some point this year, now that I know for certain I'm in need of a smaller size...............
Shorter crank arms at some point would probably help my knees, too.

Do yourself a favour and get a proper fitting done, it'll take out a lot of guess work and save you money down the road..
Otherwise, the bike looks nice..

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

the smallest three sl3s were like all the same reach. Only thing that changed across the 49 52 and 54 was stack.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ace0fclub5

by ace0fclub5

btompkins0112 wrote:The LBS should help you out......did they not fit you for the frame in the first place? They should be ashamed of themselves if they did!

I think I'm partially at fault. Pretty sure I went in asking for a 54. My first steel road bike a couple years back was a 54 and I came to the conclusion of getting that size based off of a height chart, but this was back when I knew nothing of cycling. Still learning, and now that I'm riding more I'm starting to understand what I need.

nathanong87 wrote:the smallest three sl3s were like all the same reach. Only thing that changed across the 49 52 and 54 was stack.

Well, shit.

btompkins0112 wrote:Do yourself a favour and get a proper fitting done, it'll take out a lot of guess work and save you money down the road..
Otherwise, the bike looks nice..

Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and schedule a Body Geometry fit this week. Too bad the LBS I bought it from doesn't do them.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i mean with the steeper seattubes, there are some* differences. all hope isn't lost. But if you were going to stick specialized i'd do a 52 if i was you. Well im the same size and i DID a 52cm. RIP frame =(

euan

by euan

Nevermind