2013 Scott CR1 Comp Project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

lewdvig

by lewdvig

IMO this is a great weight weenie value bike. Probably of interest to some, I know i looked here first for info before buying but came up empty.

I picked up the CR1 Comp today primarily as a project bike. Why? I wanted:
1. Ia comfy bike for fondos and long rides
2. a sub 1000 gram frame to work with
3. A price under $2,000 complete (was $1890 taxes in, the 2012 is available for $1299 from REI right now BTW)
4. parts I could use to build up a beater or cross bike

http://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/produ ... akCrJWZZUM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As it stands, the bike is 18lb 6oz (8.34kg) from the store without pedals in a Medium 54cm frame. I have a SR gruppo and some nice DT 1450 wheels for this bike. That should get me to 16.5 lb with pedals and bottle cages.

[upadte] 15.4 lb with a couple more bits to swap (crank/BB)

Don't mind the crazy cockpit settings. I'll adjust tomorrow morning and will post some pretty pix.
Last edited by lewdvig on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Road: Guru Praemio, Colnago Master X Light, Scapin EOS5, Gios Compact Evo, Pinarello Gavia, Bottechia SLX, Bianchi Vittoria
Cross: Ritchey Swiss Cross
MTB: Rocky Mountain Instinct

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lewdvig

by lewdvig

Here is the bike stock:

Last edited by lewdvig on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Road: Guru Praemio, Colnago Master X Light, Scapin EOS5, Gios Compact Evo, Pinarello Gavia, Bottechia SLX, Bianchi Vittoria

lewdvig

by lewdvig

First thing I did was swap wheels:

The Alex/Syncros wheelset with Tiagra Cassette, Skewers, Tubes, Rim Strips and Conti Ultra tires were:
1210 gm front
1860 gm rear

I replaced them with a DT 1450 rear (normal tubes 100 gm, Pro4 Race tires, Ti QR)
1400 gm
... and a Fulcrum R3 Front (normal tubes 100 gm, Pro4 Race tires, Ti QR)
990 gm

and I swapped the Syncros saddle for a Romin with carbon rails which as 160 lighter.

lewdvig

by lewdvig

Lastly I swapped my SR11 parts onto the bike, added pedals and a cage.

I have to keep the Tiagra crank until I get some ENG threaded SR BB cups. I think the should save another 300-400 gm.

Until then I will have to live with my bike's bloated weight.

The bar, seatpost and stem are all heavy duty. But as an old Canadian I still get some nostalgia from seeing the brand.