2013 Trek Madone 3.1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RTJohnson

by RTJohnson

Hello!

It's about time I took the plunge and signed up, been reading the forum for a few weeks now after a friend recommended It to me.

I am currently working on my Trek Madone 3.1 Here is a picture of it below.

Edit : Added a few more pics outside.

Since getting it I have upgraded to -

Bontrager Paradigm Saddle
Ksyrium Elite SLS Wheels
Ultegra group set
Garmin 200 with out front mount

My next plans are to upgrade the stem, seat post & bars.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Ryan
http://www.ryanjohnson.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RTJohnson on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

So...City or United? :-)

And if you've currently got 105 pedals, it's not worth the upgrade to Ultegra. I think there is about 5g difference in weight - it is essentially the same pedal. If you want to stick with Shimano I'd suggest picking up some DA 7900 cheaply.

RTJohnson

by RTJohnson

Neither! don't follow football I find it a bit boring, my pedals are crap and battered from where I came off on black ice and they are not 105 there some cheapos. Reason I want ultegra pedals as it will all match :)

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

If you are going to go with Ultegra, I recommend the Ultegra carbons. They're about 9g heavier than the DA 7900, but a lot lighter on the wallet! I just picked up a set for my wife, and i'll probably weight them tonight to report back.

As you can tell from my signature, I'm a Trek guy, through and through. Nice bike. I have a friend who rides the same machine, and she loves it. Although the frame is built with a "heavier" carbon fiber material, it's a very good ride, and you'll get a lot of miles of enjoyment out of it.

RTJohnson

by RTJohnson

FIJIGabe wrote:If you are going to go with Ultegra, I recommend the Ultegra carbons. They're about 9g heavier than the DA 7900, but a lot lighter on the wallet! I just picked up a set for my wife, and i'll probably weight them tonight to report back.

As you can tell from my signature, I'm a Trek guy, through and through. Nice bike. I have a friend who rides the same machine, and she loves it. Although the frame is built with a "heavier" carbon fiber material, it's a very good ride, and you'll get a lot of miles of enjoyment out of it.

Thanks for the advice, your bike's looks great! I ride with another member on here who has the Madone 5.2 he's been pointing me in the right direction setup wise and making be become a weenie!

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Sweet bike, Slam the stem, Get it in the big ring for photos and your halfway there! Nice to get some carbon post, bars on stem there, no need for anything else then! Very very nice build there!
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

RTJohnson

by RTJohnson

Updated my pics & upgraded Brakes, pedals, computer and stem ( although still needs cutting down ) since first post.

samtrek

by samtrek

@RTJohnson did you upgrade to Ultegra 10 speed or 11 speed?
I am wondering if its possible to upgrade to Shimano 6800 11 speed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com