Dengfu fm029 ISP Updated Page 1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

thprice

by thprice

brearley wrote:...I've searched before but a different ISP doesn't seem an option as the weight difference is minimal for current options? ...

Great looking bike :thumbup:
I have a Pedal Force CG1, swapped the ISP topper for a Tune cappy (73g) and saddle for a Tune Speedneedle Marathon (109g).

Very happy with them after nearly 20,000 km.

Luften

by Luften

What ISP topper is that, and is the ISP round or aero shaped? How much does the topper weigh?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Wow didn't expect anyone else to use Campy SR11 with Sram red cranks just to fit osymetric rings (54t too!). I sanded it down to expose its UD layer so it doesn't look so odd though.

brearley

by brearley

So i've decided to do some more tuning on this bike for next season.
I've already bought Ti bolts for my stem, aluminium bolts for headset, cable pinch bolts, front mech clamp bolt and nylon screws for both mech adjustments.
At the moment I'm not going to upgrade jockey wheels as I'm on super record I will keep the standard ones until they wear out.
I'm in the process of changing the seatpost clamp design but until I can source a pillar drill to use I won't have it finished any time soon.
I've ordered ti spindles for playspeed pedals.
I've also ordered some stronglight ct2 chainrings 53/39 and the chainset will be sanded and clear coated as I don't like the looks of the sram bits on campag groupset.
I'm going to give the parlee style fd clamp a go as I've ordered some bolts to make it work and I should be able to torque it up to a healthy level I'm not too bothered if it breaks.
I've got a stripped SLR which I may put on but I doubt the level of saving between the kit carbonio and the standard stripped SLR.
obviously I need to get some pictures up soon to show my tuning.
If anybody has any other ideas for lightening this bike let me know.

brearley

by brearley

Frame came in at 1135g with mech hanger, bb30 bearings and circlips in place so almost exactly 1100g whilst the fork weighs around 370g.
Was surprised the SLR kit carbonio weighed in at 175g.
140mm ritchey wcs 4axis with ti bolts weighs 120g.

currently my new ISP topper weighs 45g with bolts and pin left to buy so should be 60g all in whilst the current weighs 175g.

I'll be adding nearly 100g I imagine with graphics and paint but overall I should get to 6.2kg with the 20mm carbons.

I'm determined :twisted:

hillrider

by hillrider

Could you post details/picture of youre new ISP topper please?Sounds very light,unlike the Ritchey WCS I'm using (115g).
Thanks in advance.

brearley

by brearley

Current setup for ISP is 31.6 aluminium seatpost cut to 6cm, J&L yokes off ebay, carbon cradle made from offcut fork steerer. I need to purchase so aluminium pipe and 2xm6*35mm ti bolts.
As I now know correct seat height I am going to remove current ISP topper then put the new post inside the ISP, when I've measured height from BB to saddle rail to correct height and made sure rails are pointing straight forward I will use a pillar drill through both the ISP and the new topper to pin it with the aluminium pipe which will work as the through-rod for the seatpost to clamp the yokes.

I am considering buying some 8mm OD carbon tube to cut to 60mm length to use instead of aluminium which I haven't yet bought. This comes in lengths of 500mm so I will also have enough to produce 2 saddle yokes which I can drill through then make a recess on the bottom to apply a niloc nut, this should be lighter than the aluminium yokes.

I'm still looking for around 60-70mm carbon 31.6 seatpost cut off.
Of course if you need setback this won't work for you.

brearley

by brearley

of course if this doesn't work efficiently I can remove it and reapply the seatpost topper

brearley

by brearley

Didn't bother with the seatpost topper in the end as I didn't have the tools necessary to make one.
Here is how the bike looks now. Image
Updates are:

San marco concor saddle
Ti speedplay axles
Carbon front mech clamp
Ti stem bolts
Alloy cage, top cap and mech clamp bolts
Stronglight ct2 chainrings
KMC x11sl chain

I've ordered a ritchey wcs stubby to drop roughly 50g weight from the seatclamp.
White bar tape was planned but I'm unsure?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

classic bend looks awesome on this machine man. Good work!

brearley

by brearley

doesn't classic bend look good on any bike though ;)
Any ideas on how to get the tan looking fresh on the rear tub?
fitted a new 25mm vittoria corsa SC on the front.

sastre

by sastre

you could put in in a bowl of warm water to soak with some washing powder/vanish stain remover
I did this and made a difference someone suggested a machine wash thought it might be worth a go again on a cool wash haven't tried that yet.
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

brearley wrote:I've ordered a ritchey wcs stubby to drop roughly 50g weight from the seatclamp.
White bar tape was planned but I'm unsure?

I didn't think Ritchey did one for a 37mm seat tube. Assuming your seat tube is 37mm.

brearley

by brearley

They don't, I've ordered a 34.9 as I've previously read people using this size KCNC topper on this diameter post. I'll take the lacquer off the ISP and see whether it will fit or require tuning.

During my race on sunday my brother took my bottle off me and told me my bottle cage was coming loose. on inspection the rivnuts are coming out of the frame so I'll have to fix that by this weekend.

brearley

by brearley

Just as an aside to the seat clamp issue the internal diameter of the seatpost is 31.6mm so the wall thickness of the seat tube is a bit OTT. Of course if all else fails I can remove the isp and fit a standard seatpost although this wouldn't actually be a weight loss doing so.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com