Scapin Ivor custom carbon w/ Xentis 5.8 wheels - 1st in USA

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Hey WW's,

Check out the first Scapin Ivor that has been brought to North America, currently being tested by Paved Magazine.
This is Scapin's range-topping fully custom carbon bike, produced by hand in Italy and available in custom geometries in 60 days.
FYI, MSRP is $4,925 for the frameset and there is no upcharge for custom.
Scapin is all about mating rigidity with comfort and I think this platform best exemplifies that philosophy.

Build is as follows:
- Super Record Groupset
- Xentis Squad 5.8 Silver Line tubular wheels with ceramic hubs and FMD Comp CX tires
- FSA CSI-99 Nano stem with K-Force Light compact bars

Weight was right around 14 lbs without pedals.
Not a true WW but at 1100 grams for a super-comfortable race frameset with ISP, it ain't bad either...

Here are the technnical highlights for you fellow nerds, and feel free to ask questions:

- Ivor: TT Matrix monocoque pieces built by hand / choice of 5 colors / Lifetime warranty / Mechanical or Electric cable routing / PFBB86 / Tapered Headtube / Carbon dropouts front and rear / S-Way anodized seat clamp and matching FD tab / Asymmetric design / CFS "Comfort Flex Stays"

- Squad 5.8's: Hand-built in Austria / Patented brake surface / Anti-rattle valve sleeve / Embedded computer magnet / Active Tubulator aerodynamics / Category-leading weights / Choice of matte or glossy Standard Line 12K weave or matte Silver Line UD finish

Best,
Mike / Cip

giant man

by giant man

yeah quite like scapin, saw a load over here last year, knew I should have gone for a Hysak, nice ride ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Beautiful ride you have .... I was in for a new frame and was looking for the Scapin Fazer 2012 , but bought something else...

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Thanks, guys.
Fazer was really smooth, but the Ivor takes the stiffness and weight to another level.
I'm planning on building one custom for myself some time soon.
And we already have one other US media outlet getting one to test.

Best,
Cip