Ritchey Road Logic (Build Complete - Updated Pics Page 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

aftereffector

by aftereffector

I know, I lived a sheltered life! haha

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flatlander

by flatlander

Dallez, what's the rake on your fork?

flatlander

by flatlander

For anyone who's interested, I just received a 59 cm frame and it weighs 1,845 g. I'm surprised there's not a bigger difference between a 55 and a 59.

andyg

by andyg

flatlander wrote:For anyone who's interested, I just received a 59 cm frame and it weighs 1,845 g. I'm surprised there's not a bigger difference between a 55 and a 59.

Seen as no one at Richey will post this info would you mind doing it. What is the stack and reach of the 59?
Attachments
stach-reach.gif
stach-reach.gif (5.45 KiB) Viewed 9648 times

Oswald

by Oswald

Very nice ride :thumbup:

How does it ride? I'm specifically interested in comfort on cobblestones, pot holes and less then perfect pavement.

gsxrawd

by gsxrawd

Size 51cm
Attachments
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r4.jpg

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

That frame is stunning. Well done 8)

Liggero

by Liggero

glad to see you removed the Spec. saddle. I'm sure Tom Ritchey would hate to have any specialized component in any of his creations. Well done!!! BTW, maybe black bar tape?
Happy Trails !!!

micklevanon

by micklevanon

Beautiful machine. I have a 1994 Ritchey Road Logic that I built with Campy Record at the time, hand built Mavic wheels, Syncros Stem, Seatpost and Crankset with Raceface Bottom Bracket and Mavic Headset. 19.2 pounds at the time. I'm rebuilding the same frame now with a mix of SRAM Red/Force and Zipp 101 wheels. I'm hoping to shave a pound or a pound and a half off! And this with a steel fork! Again, beautiful bike. Congrats on a cool Ritchey!

cheers
mick

flatlander

by flatlander

andyg wrote:
flatlander wrote:For anyone who's interested, I just received a 59 cm frame and it weighs 1,845 g. I'm surprised there's not a bigger difference between a 55 and a 59.

Seen as no one at Richey will post this info would you mind doing it. What is the stack and reach of the 59?

Apologies for the delay in responding, Andy.

I can't guarantee these are precisely right, but my tape measure says stack = 60.5 and reach = 41.0. Hopefully, when/if Ritchey makes official numbers available, mine won't be too far off.

jcued

by jcued

gsxrawd wrote:Size 51cm

Yo, how does the 51 fit? I'm 5'7", longer legs than torso. Usually I'm on something with a slightly longer TT (54cm), but always felt a little too stretched out on a 54.5 TT even with a 90mm stem. Cheers. Thanks.

Dallez

by Dallez

Hi WW,

I've been away for a while as we had a second child last Spring and therefore what little free time I had flew even further out the window and cycling got pushed to the side. I am hoping that 2015 holds a little more time to ride. Based on previous rides, I had decided that the custom painted 110mm stem was a tad too long for me. Last year, Cadence, a SF based shop did a limited edition collaboration with Ritchey and had some custom painted C260 stems made up with Cadence's "Airflow" graphics. I decided to grab one in 100mm and took my initial ride last weekend and am very please with the new fit. Everything is dialed in now. I've also grabbed a Red RD (yet to be installed) and plan to do a few more upgrades this Spring. Unfortunately I forgot to weigh the stem before installing, but most Ritchey stuff comes in at or very near published weight which is 103g.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Dallez: top notch. Loving everything about it, including the bottle cages and chainrings not being black, and the stem standing out. Sometimes it's the little idiosyncrasies that make the personality. This is a perfect display of that.

Looking forward to building a steel bike myself, after the second child. Only chainset, calipers, and bar tape missing. :mrgreen:.

Dallez

by Dallez

HillRPete wrote:Dallez: top notch. Loving everything about it, including the bottle cages and chainrings not being black, and the stem standing out. Sometimes it's the little idiosyncrasies that make the personality. This is a perfect display of that.

Looking forward to building a steel bike myself, after the second child. Only chainset, calipers, and bar tape missing. :mrgreen:.

Thanks! I totally agree with you about those idiosyncrasies making the build personal. Re: the crankset, I like the contrast the ccampy carbon cranksets have between the black crank arms and gray anodized chainrings. I was able to locate a set of lightly used first gen sram force rings in grey anodized and I definitely like the more classic machining (vs the standard 10s red) and the gray color.

By the way, good luck with your steel build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Granfondo2014

by Granfondo2014

Been following this thread for a while. Bought a similar frame & totally totally love what you done. How much does yours weigh now? mine's 8.9kg but seeing yours i'm starting to get tempted to shed some of that! The powertap Wheels weigh 2kg i think so thats a good chunk... It's still a great ride though eh?! love how the the road feels under steel... our first baby arriving on monday (so i'm told) so on my last big ride for a while i think...! Hope you've found more riding time!